Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox fifa update jan transfers

Options
  • 07-02-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

anyone know when this is coming? or if it is

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Only info on it is its due early Feb, should be pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

not a moment too soon. I need Quaresma for Chelsea

I hope this happens soon so I can have Faubert on my Real Madrid team for the boards league :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 IneedAfifaClub

yeah and i need bellamy for my city team im having to play with jo rite now or the fantastic benjani

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Was just thinking it would be a nice feature if this actually happend! Is it going to be free?

• Advertisement

yeah it will be free ofcourse as long as u hav xbox live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

has just been updated, only seems to work for live games when i check squads offline they're all still pre january

yeah m8 same im tryin to play for man city wanting bellamy and im stuck with jo whats going on lol I WANT THE OFFLINE UPDATE HAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I went online last night, asked me to download an updated squad file, I was playing as United and noticed Tosic (69 - wtf?), Rafael was up to 74, Fletch was now on the bench, Giggs was starting, Welbeck was up to 71, I think.

Went offline, and oh look, I had the old squads. I went back online, I had the old squads again, and it never asked me to download the new one. EA must have been screwing around with it at the time. It was very weird.

I downloaded the update, then it seemed to disappear for offline, disappear for online, and never asked me to download it again. It was like it never existed. Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

just seen this update(ps3).... the inter team formation and starting line up has changed a good bit.. doesnt suit me at all now!:mad: beckham with ac milan now aswell!!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know will these squad changes take affect in the boards leagues or will it be the squads when the league was set up? If anyone plays a league match in the next few hours will they check!! Higuain is looking good after the update :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

think the squads stay the same, not too sure though, i played a league game with villa and heskey wasn't present!

I cant download the update at all, I'm stuck with the same old default squads? Anyway to manually trigger the download?

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I cant download the update at all, I'm stuck with the same old default squads? Anyway to manually trigger the download?

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you download the latest adidas live update that should do the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I desperately need Palacios and Keane for the Boards league if I'm to come back!!! (Actually while i think of it, i quite need Defoe too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I desperately need Palacios and Keane for the Boards league if I'm to come back!!! (Actually while i think of it, i quite need Defoe too!)

They wont be available in the current league. But the next one, they should be.

Reganovski wrote: »
    They wont be available in the current league. But the next one, they should be.

Are you sure? I presume once they get the finger out (ie: i had to sign up for addidas live season just to get the transfer updates), they'll roll it out across everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Are you sure? I presume once they get the finger out (ie: i had to sign up for addidas live season just to get the transfer updates), they'll roll it out across everything?

Well I had the update last night and I played a league game and it still had the old default team. I'd say when they update the game rather than the 'addidas live', then the squads should be the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Reganovski wrote: »
    Well I had the update last night and I played a league game and it still had the old default team. I'd say when they update the game rather than the 'addidas live', then the squads should be the new ones.

If you download the latest adidas update it updates all the teams, I know it worked because Tosic is at united and he wasn't in the game before.

I don't know about updating online leagues that have already started though, but new leagues should include the new players.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ShaneU wrote: »
    If you download the latest adidas update it updates all the teams, I know it worked because Tosic is at united and he wasn't in the game before.

I don't know about updating online leagues that have already started though, but new leagues should include the new players.

If you are using the Adidas update it does update your team but as has been said already leagues etc use the default teams not the adidas updates so the changes havent been added.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Mines working fine, just started a season with City and Bellamy is up front and scoring goals:)

It asks you to save squads. Also it helps to reset your squads before you get the update because I've heard thats the way to do it.

Again ill say it, the season you are talking about, or any match thats not a league match doesnt use the default squads. When it says you have to use default squads like in a league competition it uses the default one without the update, i.e. no Bellamy at City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

My Manager Mode dosen't use adidas live update and the online squads are all there. What league are you talking about?

I've been playing league matches since I got the update and it ain't the default teams. Theres even a save file called "Online Squad" saved and thats the file that is loaded.

Sorry, I don't really understand where your coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Rizzla, he is talking about the Boards online leagues i think - meaning, the leagues we are all in together have already started, and so its stuck with the original teams from when the game came out.

My Manager Mode dosen't use adidas live update and the online squads are all there. What league are you talking about?

I've been playing league matches since I got the update and it ain't the default teams. Theres even a save file called "Online Squad" saved and thats the file that is loaded.

Sorry, I don't really understand where your coming from.

You are playing Manager Mode, thats an offline mode in game. I am talking about proper Online leagues, those use the default squads hence they dont take into account the update as it hasnt yet been set for default squads. The updated squad file doesnt seem to work yet so that default squads use it.

Advertisement