Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HP Laptop - Battery Question

Options
  • 07-02-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a new HP laptop and the battery performance is very bad. I have it set to HP optimised.
    A few things I have noticed.
    Maximum time from a full charge is about an hour. :mad:
    When using it and having it plugged in, it takes forever to recharge.
    And the 3rd thing is that sometimes when I click on the battery icon, it might say 50%, 1hr 30mins and another time it might say 48%, 25 minutes. (I presume this is because of what programs I am using at the time?)

Anyone else have these problems?

Regan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

What are you doing in that hour? a laptop battery isnt going to last long if you're playing games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What model what spec and what battery size (in cells)

I have a dv6500 with a 12 cell and if im in power saver browsing the web i can get 3-4 hours+ out of it. If I try to do high performance with a 1080p video file I'll be lucky to get 45 minutes out of it.

Also did you completely charge the battery before your first use? Its needs to be completely charged, and completely discharged, a good few times before it breaks in a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cons

I have a 6 cell batt for dv6500 which is completely shagged. Any suggestions of reliable place to get new one. The 12 cell batt sounds good (overheal)

Advertisement