Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness (X360) - 2.99

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

51UBw6%2B%2BIwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    The Darkness is a first-person shooter video game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is based on the comic book of the same name. The game takes place in modern-day New York City with the player controlling mob hitman Jackie Estacado, who has been possessed by a spirit that calls itself "The Darkness". This spirit gives Estacado supernatural powers that feed off of the dark, giving him the ability to cheat death.

Smyths have pre-owned copies of The Darkness for 2.99. I picked up one today, the boxes weren't in great nick but the disc is actually in very good condition, leading me to believe they boxes might have been for promo. You wouldn't even get a pint for that price....thanks to Muppetkiller on adverts for pointing this out.

8.5/10 on Gamespot.

On a side note they have some other excellent prices but I didn't catch them all, but I did notice The Orange Box for 9.99 pre-owned and some older titles like Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero for 4.99.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got Pro Evo 2008 for €9.99 preowned there yesterday.
    There was maybe 6 copies, and all the others were €24.99. Like the OP, the box was a bit tatty, but for a tenner....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Soarer wrote: »
    Got Pro Evo 2008 for €9.99 preowned there yesterday.
    There was maybe 6 copies, and all the others were €24.99. Like the OP, the box was a bit tatty, but for a tenner....:D

Pro Evo 2008 is only 6.99 in Game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

No way!:(

Good job I haven't opened it yet. Deffo gonna return it...recession an' all!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

Wow. The Darkness is a great game. Well worth 2.99.

It's a bit short though. Maybe 20-30 hours of gameplay, but I guess that's only 10-15 cent per hour.

It's got a good story mixing big city gangsters with supernatural events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

It's a bit short though. Maybe 20-30 hours of gameplay, but I guess that's only 10-15 cent per hour.

ONLY 20-30 hours!!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

20-30 I think is short by modern standards. The last two games I played, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Bioshock have easily double the gameplay of The Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So, your saying Bioshock has 40-60 hours gameplay. :D Its not an RPG.

I finished it in about 12-15 I think on hard. Call of Duty 4 can be done in 10 and that is short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Call of Duty 4 can be done in 10 and that is short.

And I'm the shíttest gamer ever to walk this land. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

20-30 hours gameplay is short for an FPS?? Maybe some genres thats typical but most FPS titles would have 10-15 tops in terms of SP....Bioshock definitely doesn't have anywhere near 40-60 hours in it either!

Played it briefly last night, seems fairly decent.

Advertisement