Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Nenagh N7 Progress

Options
  • 06-02-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

just wondering when this is due to open, anyone have any photos of the progress
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I had a look at this today.

Firstly I recorded a video of the Nenagh Bypass as it was today, from east to west. For some reason I can't embed videos here anymore, so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzQKmkUuVGQ

Secondly, I have some pictures...

The N-L scheme looking towards the tie-in with the Nenagh Bypass looking towards Nenagh.
    N-LstartpointwithNenaghBypass.jpg

The N-L scheme looking towards Limerick from just off the N7 past the Limerick end of the Nenagh Bypass.
    N-LclosetoNenaghlookingtoLimerick.jpg

The L-N scheme close to Birdhill looking towards Limerick.
    N-LclosetoBirdhilllookingtoLimerick.jpg

The L-N scheme close to Birdhill looking towards Nenagh.
    N-LclosetoBirdhilllookingtoDublin.jpg

It was difficult to get more pictures, because there aren't many overbridges along this section. Mostly, underpasses are used to realign the L and R roads. I think this will be a stunning drive when it's finished - but that's the catch, isn't it? From what I've seen, this scheme is now well behind the M8 M-F scheme. We can certainly rule out an opening of the M7 between Limerick and Nenagh before Q3 (and maybe even Q4) 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I have a few photographic updates. A bit of progress with the pavement and concrete barrier has been made, but we're still miles away from an opening.

This photo is taken from an overbridge west of the end of the Nenagh Bypass. You can access it by taking the first right turn up a narrow lane after you clear the bypass heading from Limerick. I photographed the same position last February; that picture is upthread.
    DSCF1399.jpg

This photo is taken from the same overbridge, this time looking towards the Nenagh Bypass and Dublin:
    DSCF1401.jpg

This photo, which looks east, was taken from an overbridge close to the turn off for Silvermines:
    DSCF1403.jpg

Taken from the same position, looking to Limerick:
    DSCF1404.jpg

Taken from an overbridge on the Limerick side of Daly's Cross, looking east:
    DSCF1407.jpg

Taken from the same location, this time looking west:
    DSCF1411.jpg

Advertisement