Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Work

Options
  • 06-02-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I work in a supermarket, not gonna say which one lol, but want some quick advice
    I am part time in this store, and am what is called "highly multi-skilled" - that is to say i can work anywhere in the store

At the minute I am working on the tills, but having been to the nurse, I have been told that I am getting serious RSI due to the repetitive nature and cramped confines of the tills, AND a history of osteoperosis in the family (apologies if spelled wrong lol) i should be moved off checkouts

Duly told, i went to my dept manager and personnel manager, the latter of whom told me:
    "Theres nothing to do, wherever you work will have repetitive work anywhere in the store, unless you want some unpaid leave" and that was that, no explanation or willingness to discuss, and out of the office NOW.
    I took this to mean "Stay on tills or you are out of a job"

I have not done anything formal because I feel it would be taken as an excuse to get me out of a job, what are peoples opinions and advice?

Advertisement