Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland a television history

Options
  • 06-02-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I got this series off a relative last week

Its the greatest Irish History documentary series ever from robert kee

Its very balanced to all sides in irish history

It was an bbc and rte co production and was like a world at war type series from 1980

RTE have told me its up to BBC to release it on dvd

BBC have told me its up to RTE to release it on dvd

It should be shown on rte or even TG4 as it gives better understanding of irish history than showing another charlie bird or george lee series

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah you take me back. Saw that in 1980, it along with Life On Earth and Shock of the New raised the game of TV documentarys to new levels (it was a great era for heavy-weight docs). Surprised its stuck in "unreleased hell" someone must have the final say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

What a brilliant series! I remember it as a kid. Love to get it again if it was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭keith99

What a brilliant series! I remember it as a kid. Love to get it again if it was released.

I am doing Irish history in UCD

My lectures this week were called off because of the weather so the series has been a great alternative along side to the many books on irish history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KEANE01

Hi Keith,

Do you still have this series? Would be interested in purchasing a copy.

Many thanks, Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

This series is currently available on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

alibaba12 wrote: »
    This series is currently available on YouTube

In what episode is the Ballyseedy massacre dealt with?
    Would like to see Stephen Fuller interview.
    Thanks

Advertisement