Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency worker rights after 3 years?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone-i've been working for a company in dublin through an agency for 3 years. Haven't renewed any contracts that i know just got this job through the agency and i'm still here. Now my team are being moved outside of the ROI and we've been told all agency workers are being let go next week with no compensation. I thought that after a certain amount of time as an agency worker you had the same rights as permanent staff. Does anyone know anything about this? The staff that have a contract with the company are being kept on, ideally i would prefer to keep my job but it seems very unfair to be let go at such short notice with nothing at all, not even trying to find us a new job or offering leave etc... thanks for help!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement