Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax evasion

Options
  • 05-02-2009 9:21pm

How would you report someone for tax evasion in Northern Ireland?

Comments

you can PM if you like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Do you mean an Irish individual/business doing business outside the state to evade tax liabilities, or an individual/business based in the UK (N.Ireland) evading tax there?

Income tax, corporation tax, VRT or Customs & excise?

I'm guessing the answer will depend on the answers to those questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Come on, regardless of what the other guy did dont you know its us against them! (The powers that be)

Hit him in the nuts if you like, but dont go shopping him to the tax man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

ch750536 wrote: »
    Come on, regardless of what the other guy did dont you know its us against them! (The powers that be)

Hit him in the nuts if you like, but dont go shopping him to the tax man.

bla! If you/I/we have to pay taxes here so do others who live/do business here.

eg. I don't agree with VRT but if I have to pay it and my neighbor doesn't pay it by keeping his car registered on UK plates and lives/works 95% of his time in the Rep., I will gladly report him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 globulin777

kerbdog wrote: »

eg. I don't agree with VRT but if I have to pay it and my neighbor doesn't pay it by keeping his car registered on UK plates and lives/works 95% of his time in the Rep., I will gladly report him

Heard someone moaning about U2 paying tax offshore...
    Question .... If I were to have handed the Fianna Fail exchequer a trillion pounds in taxes 20 yrs ago would the Irish economy be in better shape now and would the banks NOT be on the verge of collapse, would we NOT have had a crazy property bubble with overinflated house prices, would we have avoided RIP OFF Ireland, would the hospitals work, would the schools be running properly maintained curiculum, would we have raised a new generation of sports elite bringing home gold medals galore, would the RED COW disaster never have happened, would the AQUA CENTRE NOT LEAK, would the bus run on time, .............. just think about it..:)
    I believe its called Piss%^* it up against a wall.
    That trillion would have mainly gone on Cronys n Builders n Swiss Chalets etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

At least you would have your begrudgery to keep you warm at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 globulin777

Jaysoose wrote: »

Obviously your'e a Fianna Fail afficianado:):):)

Glad you liked my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Jaysoose wrote: »

Yup, super warm!
    Begrudgery is the Irish way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What is the situation? is it definitely evasion and not avoidance?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Don;t you just kneecap people up there?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Don;t you just kneecap people up there?

They have two guys carrying out Inland Revenue investigations up there - Mr Black and his associate Mr Decker.

If the op's serious, a call to any Inland Revenue office in the North will be put through to the right person. They know the drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They have two guys carrying out Inland Revenue investigations up there - Mr Black and his associate Mr Decker.

If the op's serious, a call to any Inland Revenue office in the North will be put through to the right person. They know the drill.

exellent humour loved it all especially the punch line. "they know the drill" i see a long fruitful life in comedy for you .......or is that politics. whichever ul be fine in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Rod & Reel wrote: »
    exellent humour loved it all especially the punch line. "they know the drill" i see a long fruitful life in comedy for you .......or is that politics. whichever ul be fine in either.

Thank you, but I was being perfectly serious. It's just pure coincidence that the names, when put together, just happen to be the name of a well-known tool manufacturer.

And I would further point out that, giving the marching habits of those people in the North, drilling is second nature to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Personally I'd thank them for the tip and go get me a new car.*

* I wouldn't really, well perhaps not.

Advertisement