Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best NI location for used car dealers?

Options
  • 05-02-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi, I will be buying a new car up the North soon. Does anyone have an opinion on where is the best place up the North to look? Belfast, Coleraine, Derry, etc?

Best Town in Northern Ireland for used cars? 14 votes

Belfast
    0% 0 votes
    Derry/Londonderry
    50% 7 votes
    Coleraine
    14% 2 votes
    Ballymena
    14% 2 votes
    Omagh
    7% 1 vote
    Lisburn
    7% 1 vote
    Portadown
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i wouldnt worry about location tbh
    i would rather concentrate on the car your looking for and pick the cleanist, most looked after, minty one available.

i would rather drive an extra hour each way if it meant i picked up a car with lower miles, or more extras etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mowgli-mcnob

I agree, but where best to aim for? Do I aim for a nice car even if it's miles from a large town just because it looks good on the net, or do I aim for a big city and if 1 car isn't nice, go to the next dealer who will be near by?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mainland UK is generally cheaper than up North imo. You will be paying extra for the convienence.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I agree, but where best to aim for? Do I aim for a nice car even if it's miles from a large town just because it looks good on the net, or do I aim for a big city and if 1 car isn't nice, go to the next dealer who will be near by?
    Focus first on whats you are after and thn worry about location.
    As you say, when you get there it could br rubbish but generally thats the gamble you take when looking for something special!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Best NI location for a used car........well its in front of you.....your PC, the internet.

Saw mine on Autotrader.ie, like the spec, the photos, the service history and it was still under warranty....so i took a punt and went for it.

So i did my haggling with the dealer on the phone easy peasy, and I even got it delivered to the house....the car was as described no probs:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

arrange to meet the seller close to a city, that way you can line up 2 or 3 to view on the same day!

Advertisement