Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watchmen - £10.90 + Free Delivery [bookdepository.co.uk]

Options
  • 05-02-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

9781852860240.jpg

Link

Watchmen - Graphic Novel

£10.90 + Free Delivery [bookdepository.co.uk]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Perhaps the best graphic novel ever written, read it before you see the blockbuster film in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

nephster wrote: »
    Perhaps the best graphic novel ever written, read it before you see the blockbuster film in March!

great minds.........

was thinking the exact same thing myself, luckily enough a mate had a copy lying around! really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

nephster wrote: »

+1

I've read this book 3 times over the past 7 or 8 years and each time, I get something new from it. If you're going to buy any graphic novel, this is the one to get. And this is a great price. IIRC, I paid close to €20 when I bought it in Sub City on Exchequer St. a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ant wrote: »
    +1

I've read this book 3 times over the past 7 or 8 years and each time, I get something new from it. If you're going to buy any graphic novel, this is the one to get. And this is a great price. IIRC, I paid close to €20 when I bought it in Sub City on Exchequer St. a few years ago.

Paid 21euro for it on Saturday. Half way through so far. Great read. First ever graphic novel I have read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Raoul wrote: »
    First ever graphic novel I have read.

It's probably your favorite graphic novel then? Sell it man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Site under maintenance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

lol, there is a rorschach on that page too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

New site is now live and this is up to £14.19, I had a vague idea of some other prices and they've increased too... hm...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

red_fox wrote: »
    New site is now live and this is up to £14.19, I had a vague idea of some other prices and they've increased too... hm...

Dunno how you got that, just ordered at 10.74

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

£14.19 - Save £3.80 - RRP £17.99 Free delivery worldwide

Amazon.co.uk total £15.77 | (£10.79 plus £4.98 delivery
    to Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I bought this at the 10.90 price, thanks a lot!
    Only a little way into it, but it's very good :D

Onikage wrote: »
    £14.19 - Save £3.80 - RRP £17.99 Free delivery worldwide

Amazon.co.uk total £15.77 | (£10.79 plus £4.98 delivery
    to Ireland)

Nope, just bought today, have confirmation email 10.74 sterling with free delievery

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

34ocad1.jpg

That's what comes up for me...

I smell a rat, via proxy sites I get a UK price of 10.74 and a US price of 15.99 and of course an irish price of 14.19. It seems like an IP based version of plays free shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Found this in Easons today, €21.60. £10.90 was a good bargin!

red_fox wrote: »
    34ocad1.jpg

That's what comes up for me...

I smell a rat, via proxy sites I get a UK price of 10.74 and a US price of 15.99 and of course an irish price of 14.19. It seems like an IP based version of plays free shipping

Well either way, works for me lol, as i got it at cheap price just few hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm pretty sure this was 13 euro in HMV and Zavvi before Christmas. Not a great deal IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Dynamo Kev wrote: »

Managed to grab one this time. Yay!

Confirmed the price difference by getting someone UK based to visit the same link....different prices according to location, as suggested earlier in the thread...very very sneaky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Weird... I'm in Dublin and when I click the link it gives me the sterling price.

Gauge wrote: »
    Weird... I'm in Dublin and when I click the link it gives me the sterling price.

The default is sterling, but the actual figure is different, I get £13.56, my friend in London gets £8.08 and someone else only 10 mins drive from me in Cork gets £11

I think since my place is multinational I might appear as US, so you've UK, Eire, US all increasing in price...thats just a guess though! Free shipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Everyone at this stage surely understands "free shipping". I've just ordered there and mine comes up as €11.99 too. Only bad thing I've to say about bookdepository is that sometimes paperback covers will be slightly creased:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Book details

Watchmen (Paperback) By (author) Alan Moore, By (author) Dave Gibbons, Illustrated by Alan Moore, Illustrated by Dave Gibbons

Free worldwide delivery

£19.15 - Free delivery worldwide Add to basket | Save item | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

wtf ???

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Ordered this for £11gbp - excellent value!

Advertisement