Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptopsdirect.co.uk - EEE PC 2GB RAM Free!!!

Options
  • 05-02-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Just got this in an e-mail..

http://easycomputers.gtml1.com/EasyComputerslz//lz.aspx?p1=05059858S361&CC=&w=403&cID=0&cValue=1

Promo Code: FREEMEMNB292

Supposedly it's free and you just pay postage but the postage calculator for ireland isn't working for me at the moment, typical!!!

Postage of my eee pc in december was £17.19..

Actually, this isn't great for posting to ireland but if you have a UK address:)

First share! Not a great one but at least shows i'm thinking of you guys!!:P

Also, loads of bargains here now compared to before..the liquidators are out in force!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Would this work in a Samsung NC10?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I have to disagree, that is high for a 2GB stick of Eee compatible memory, please check comparable prices on Dabs.ie.

Not a bargain.

thewools wrote: »
    Would this work in a Samsung NC10?

Yes it would, they use a 2GB DDR2 PC5300 SODIMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Amalgam wrote: »
    I have to disagree, that is high for a 2GB stick of Eee compatible memory, please check comparable prices on Dabs.ie.

Not a bargain.

Fair enough, I haven't checked prices out..I just got the e-mail and decided to throw it up here.

Maybe in future I should actually check to see if it is a bargain because it defeats the purpose of this forum if it's not...
    :o:o:o

No problem Techguy, I wasn't trying to be snippy with you, at this point, for a 2GB stick, you should be aiming for the low 20's (euro). Crucial and Kingston as brands spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Not a great deal. I just got a Hynix 2GB PC2-5300 SO-DIMM from a reputable eBay seller for €19 with free P&P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Amalgam wrote: »

Not a bargain.

Did you apply the voucher code bringing the price to zero? Postage to a UK address is £4.95 + VAT if you know someone in the UK or N.I. you can have it posted to them and then forwarded on for a few quid.;)

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more, it didn't work for myself, I'm using Firefox. Also, as Techguy pointed out, they have a Rep. Of Ireland entry for P&P, but it seems to be on the blink. (not working..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Do-more wrote: »
    Did you apply the voucher code bringing the price to zero? Postage to a UK address is £4.95 + VAT if you know someone in the UK or N.I. you can have it posted to them and then forwarded on for a few quid.;)

Thats exaclty what I said...

Advertisement