Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur Guitar / Jam Session

Options
  • 05-02-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am playing acoustic guitar for the last 3 years now, I have done quiet a few lessons but none of my mates are into music so I'm finding it hard to stay motivated, the lessons are great but I think the best way to progess is to jam with other musicians and get involved with an amateur jam/session of some sort. I like all sorts of music, folk, ballads, trad, modern, etc... Does anyone have any ideas or somewhere i could check out?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I see you're posting in the trad section - Are you looking to play trad or any type of music?
    I play guitar and I also like all sorts of stuff so if you're interested and/or you can't find anywhere else to play, we could sit down somewhere and see what happens.
    But it's a little tricky to play jigs and reels with nothing else than guitars and the odd tin whistle.

EDIT: And I know what you mean about none of your mates being into music. That's such a pain!!!!

Advertisement