Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eNet and MANS

Options
  • 05-02-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody knows or has
    a list of current mans
    the maps of the current mans

Or know where this info can be found?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Could just pin them in google Earth

http://www.e-net.ie/news.php?newsid=52

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I was thinking a Google earth with the MAN details, esb Fibre, Esat/CIE/BT fibre, Bord Gais empty ducts and all the other National Connectivity Reources would be good.

Perhaps Digiweb and eircom fibre & microwave links too as they both want to sell wholesale capacity.

email any info or permissions to boards nick at eircom public email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

watty wrote: »
    I was thinking a Google earth with the MAN details, esb Fibre, Esat/CIE/BT fibre, Bord Gais empty ducts and all the other National Connectivity Reources would be good.

Bord Gais empty ducts have a problem. Not all of the wayleaf allows for different uses than gas (some of them are that specific) and can thus not be used for fiber. Plotting them in a map like that would be misleading.
    watty wrote: »
    Perhaps Digiweb and eircom fibre & microwave links too as they both want to sell wholesale capacity.

When did Digiweb start to sell wholesale capacity? When I last contacted them (well .. it's over a year ago), they weren't interested a bit. Also Smart has microwave links and they do resell wholesale capacity.

Yes a map like that would be nice, but matter of fact, a lot of the resources are available and the problem is, that if anything changes on any of the "carriers", it'll take somebody to spot the changes, request the data and update it. In general, I find it's just more accurate, to check the fiber maps for each individual carrier.

However a combined map could give a good picture, and more specific info could then be found on the carriers information website.

/Martin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Marlow wrote: »
    When did Digiweb start to sell wholesale capacity? When I last contacted them (well .. it's over a year ago), they weren't interested a bit.

I believe recently when they realised many rely a lot on eircom and they noticed how much they have. I've no idea where or how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Maps for Donegal MANs are available on the Council website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Tullamore MAN on enet website (via google maps already).
    http://www.e-net.ie/maps/tullamore.html

Rest
    http://www.e-net.ie/MAN-maps.php

Advertisement