Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bubble is killing me!!!

Options
  • 04-02-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever have one of those days where they are bubbling the majority of the sit n gos they play. Ive a fairly good roi over a descent sample but lately i cant seem to cash no matter what i do. Im consisently getting to the final four where i keep busting. I play 20 dollar sit n gos on ft and am faily well rolled but ive lost 20 buy ins in the last 2 days. Infact, im probably over rolled but i just want to stick to this level until i feel i can beat it consistently.

Anyway my question for the sit n go players on here is who do you deal with the stress of no cashing in so many sit n gos in such a small space of time? Do ye keep playing through it or take a few days off and come back? i dont tilt that much but i do get annoyed when i make a bad play which i dont think i do too often because of my style.
    Any advice would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I just jumped up to $20 to clear a bonus because ive joined a new site.

I have lost 20 buyins since monday and im 100% certain its variance, i had been running so good over the last 200 or 300 sngs way above expectation so its sick to start running bad after moving up.

I have had nearly 30 buyin downswings before and how did i deal with it ? just kept playing really. You feel like the worst player ever and you will think are you playing correct.

Just be glad you cant really tilt playing sngs they just kill you slowly inside.

My head is so wrecked im heading off to bed tonight as i cant be bothered playing any more until my head is fresher tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just be glad you cant really tilt playing sngs they just kill you slowly inside

I don't know which I'd rather!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭shano_88

never mind, just qualified for an ftops event, yeehaw!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Check on sharkscope your SNG finishing position across a big sample (ie 1,000 SNG), I don't think the amount of 4h places (assuming you play 9-10 handed) can be much bigger than 2nd, 3rd or 5th.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

bubble_boy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

I personally keep playing through it, if you feel like you are gonna spew a bit, like shove preflop with a wider range then relax and take a small break...

A major piece of advice i would give is stop playing once you become tired, you are already chasing(and dont really think you are) and when you play tired you just chase more, and dont play your normal game, even though you think you do... and you may also fall asleep which is something i have done on numerous occasions :)

all you have to do is evaluate your game, and if you know you are a profit player. just keep playing your way until the luck swings back to you

Advertisement