Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancy Dress.. Help!

• 04-02-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

hello everyone =]
    umm a friend of mine is having her 18th in about 8 weeks, and its fancy dress... i'm very unimaginative so this is a slight problem, which is why i've decided to turn to your good selves for assistance on the matter xD

i want something really good, and funny... theres gonna be a guy there that i plan on getting my hands on, also.. do with that what ye will.. =P

so anyway, any help would be appreciated =D

thanksss =]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is there any theme or anything or is it just a free for all fancy dress do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

next question is do you want to do the sexy/slutty thing, or are you happier/more comfortable being more covered up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Party Central

Id have a look on here they have plenty of outfits and are Irish based so you would get whatever you wanted shortly after ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

its free for all fancy dress.. =]

and as for the sexy/slutty question... umm, i'm not really sure on that one, like, lets just say i'm not a size 8? so something decent, probably lol =]

and the other thing i forgot to mention, funds are quite low from excessive alcohol consumption, so the cheaper, the better haha xD

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭you*ess*bee

Another place to check is www.littlestarparties.ie theyre an irish company and they offer free shipping! Plus costume prices arent too expensive.

I got all the stuff for my boyfriends hawaiian luau party there last year. And I found it to be excellent quality stuff. I saved most of it for another party!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

Buy a blonde wig (bob style) and a cream macintosh style coat (note if trying to nab a bloke you fancy just wear a pair of knickers underneath - if even :D ), pair with a pair of killer black stilletto heels and then find yourself a handful of those fake birds your mum used to stick all over the Christmas tree - note - the realistic bird ones with feathers and then spray them black, glue them all over said macintosh coat and go as Tippy Hendren from Hitchcock's 'The Birds'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Checkout some of the ebay stores. Theres a ridiculous amount of great kit available for less than 20quid (incl. shipping)

Ive seen the exact same kit advertised here and in Irish shops for €50+ :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ladt_t

Ann Summers have some fab costumes that surprisingly dont show all that much flesh (i'm not exactly a size 8 either) i am a manager with the party plan and have an online ordering site. Dont wanna get banned for spamming so if you want the website address pm me and i'll give you details.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

yeah ann summers was recommended to me as well, the only thing is, i'm completely broke, and to order from ann summers i need a credit card, which i don't have, and i don't fancy using my dads, i'd have a fair bit of explaining to do when ann summers shows up on the bill lol =]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'm not sure about ann summers but most adult stores won't show up on your credit card statment as that. They appear as inconspicuous things like "Something Something Novelty" or something like that, maybe drop them an email and check ? I'm sure they get it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

i know I'm a little late on this but why not go as Ripley from aliens? gray trousers, white t shirt and two guns tied together, whats not to like.

the guns are easily made out of cardboard and duct tape and its not a slutty/sexy costume (which i always view as crap and lazy) so you wont feel self conscious and you wont be cold all the time

if you wanna do this one send me a pm n ill send you templates for cutting out the guns in cardboard. they wont look spectacular but anyone who's seen the movie (which is everyone) will know who it is.

EDIT: oh and the entire costume will cost you a tenner, for duct tape and some straps

Advertisement