Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jade Goody - Only nice comments allowed??!

Options
  • 04-02-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

What was my poll in Celebrity & Showbiz locked? The poll clearly showed the majority of people were on the side of "Don't Care / She deserves no MORE pity than anyone else in her situation".

So, with a majority standing, why was there there a need to close the poll?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

any links to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That thread was not on. Suggesting that someone that has cancer, no matter who it is, has received justice is not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 FebruaryFuhrer

Sure thing

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055480063

As you can see 2 people voted
    • She doesn't deserve ANY more newsreel than any other poor unfortunate suffering the same affliction

and 1 person voted
    • Who gives a damn? People die every day!

So it was a balanced discussion that was halted before it's time. People are being denied their say! Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Must be nearing time for the harvest [/southpark]

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »
    That thread was not on. Suggesting that someone that has cancer, no matter who it is, has received justice is not cool.

I never, ever, ever suggested that. Just giving it as an option. A lot of people do think that and should not be denied their say, no matter what someone else thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

:confused::confused::confused:

Whay was my poll in Celebrity & Showbiz locked? The poll clearly showed the majority of people were on the side of "Don't Care / She deserves no MORE pity than anyone else in her situation".

So, with a majority standing, why was there there a need to close the poll?
    eh, sorry, i know im not the best at maths, but 2 people voted "She doesn't deserve ANY more newsreel than any other poor unfortunate suffering the same affliction "
    1 said "Who gives a damn? People die every day? ",

and 3 said "Ew, you're a sicko! The girl has CANCEDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have some respect!".
    out of 6 votes.
    so the majority would seem to think youre a sicko.

also, every reply said there was no justice in it. its a weird and fairly bad thing to say amigo.

so clearly, you may need to re read it, and rethink whats cool to post and what isnt.

It seems to "not be cool" to entertain the suggestion that someone maybe not update Hello with the intmiate details of thier (assumedly) intimate situation.

What else isn't cool? Suggesting that maybe rainbows aren't related to leprechauns and pots of gold? :eek: Or that the sun remains static while the Earth revolves around it? :confused:

Kylie Minogue had Cancer too, but we didn't see her on the front cover of a new magazine once a month or any TV specials. No, she conducted herself with a touch of dignity and people respect her for it. Just like people are sick of "Pity Me Jade" thinking she deserves special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,162 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

sad story. was a stupid poll tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The poor girl. I can't believe a thread was even strarted about it. It actually quite concerns me how sick people can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just like people are sick of "Pity Me Jade" thinking she deserves special treatment.
    No need to be hostile towards someone that is dying, posting what you posted would just create hostility and negativity, which is something that this world could do better without.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think your opening post is what caused it particularly the "Justice or Tradgedy" part. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It seems to "not be cool" to entertain the suggestion that someone maybe not update Hello with the intmiate details of thier (assumedly) intimate situation.

What else isn't cool? Suggesting that maybe rainbows aren't related to leprechauns and pots of gold? :eek: Or that the sun remains static while the Earth revolves around it? :confused:

Kylie Minogue had Cancer too, but we didn't see her on the front cover of a new magazine once a month or any TV specials. No, she conducted herself with a touch of dignity and people respect her for it. Just like people are sick of "Pity Me Jade" thinking she deserves special treatment.

I have no time for the girl but it is sad to see anyone ill

In her defence this is how she is earning money to provide for her children when she is gone, surely you cannot begrudge her that. The comparision with Kylie is unfair, Kylie has had a long successful career and doesn't have kids to provide for her

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

There's scope to discuss whether the media interest in celebrity cancer sufferers is warranted and I remember participating in a thread here about Jade Goody back when the news first broke. Some people got nasty about it and some people didn't. Unfortunately your thread started out nasty so it was probably never going to go down a good road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I personally dislike Jade Goody and everything she represents, but saying anyone getting cancer is justice is disgusting in my opinion.

My mother was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, if I was to say how I truly feel about what you posted I would be instantly site-banned for it, and you ain't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Speak for yourself - I think you are calling the wrong person sick here.

TBH - I am very impressed with Jade Goody and her courage and determination. The girl has a 40% chance of being alive in 3 years - whereas Kylie never had those bad odds.

the other major difference, Kylie has no kids and lots of money.
    Jade has two boys and does not have loads of money - she is milking every opportunity she can get to make money for her boys and their rearing. Her family doesn't have lots of money behind them unlike the Minogue family.

You are not comparing like and like. And to be honest you are in no place to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It's sad for anyone that gets cancer, not just Jade Goody.

What is particularly sad for her is that she's a mother to two little boys, who afaik are very young and won't really be able to process whats going on with their Mum.

To say that she deserved it, well.... that's just plain cruel and nasty and I'm not surprised the thread was locked. If every person out there in the world who was thought of by others to be stupid, a racist, ignorant got cancer, would they "deserve" it too?

Honest to God, cop on to yourself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh FFS.

Jade Goody is not responsible for Jade Goody being every where. She is merely taking advantage of an opportunity placed in her way.

It's people who are obsessed with the cult of celebrity, perhaps morbidly fascinated with another human being enough to post about it on an internet forum, and continuing feeding into the ridiculous phenomenum of showbiz which seems to make it ok to sneer at a cancer victim, who are to blame for it.

IMO.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus buy some class OP, its not expensive.

We're not having this discussion under the guise of appealing a decision.

In fact <clicks lock thread box>, we're not having it at all.

Decision supported. Go to blogger if you want to conduct such "research".

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement