Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet Burger Company

Options
  • 04-02-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

If you fill out your name and email address at http://www.gourmetburgercompany.ie/index.php/Contact-Us/Gourmet-Burger-Company.html they'll send you a voucher for a BOGOF. I saw an ad on Google Adwords, filled it out, and got a PDF voucher. The subject line included the terms "OFFER EXTENDED" so I don't know if anyone knew about the older deal.

(edit)Actually, probably a good idea to ask for the voucher in the email - it's what I did. And it doesn't appear to be obvious anywhere that there an offer exists... Post here if anyone else gets one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What's a BOGOF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Buy One Get One Free

Edit: Having seen several in the UK, I'd assumed this was yet another English chain invasion. Turns out it's an Irish operation. My only experience of their fare wasn't all that great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

could you not just attach the pdf file of the voucher, or does it have all your details on it? just save all of us filling out the forms....

place is pricey alright, have never eaten but 12e for a burger and another 3 for chips..... youd wanna be gettin one free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I have to say even at BOGOF I wouldn't be too pushed as truthfully I think their burgers are not worth the money you pay for them even at half price. Real burger beside the RDS even at full price is so much nicer or even the burger in the restaurant in Marks and Spensers in town are nicer, that or a a good home made burger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Was only there the once. Got the regular burger with cheese and bacon. Thought it was very good myself and the chips were fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

bardcom wrote: »
    If you fill out your name and email address at http://www.gourmetburgercompany.ie/index.php/Contact-Us/Gourmet-Burger-Company.html they'll send you a voucher for a BOGOF. I saw an ad on Google Adwords, filled it out, and got a PDF voucher. The subject line included the terms "OFFER EXTENDED" so I don't know if anyone knew about the older deal.

(edit)Actually, probably a good idea to ask for the voucher in the email - it's what I did. And it doesn't appear to be obvious anywhere that there an offer exists... Post here if anyone else gets one.

How long to get the voucher after you fill it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, I've only been there once and was pleased with the food. They're no Jo-Burger, but then again, no-one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yeah, I've only been there once and was pleased with the food. They're no Jo-Burger, but then again, no-one is.

Am I the only one who doesn't love Jo Burger?

Prefer the place on Wexford street, near Whelans.

Left a comment on the Gourmet Burger website and asked for a voucher... nothing yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

are they only in Ranelagh .. thought they were in Temple Bar also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Jo burger is quality, that is all.

I filled in the form and got this voucher, no point in everybody filling in the form I guess, just use this one. It's valid until 28th Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I just rang them - its only for Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

quad_red wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't love Jo Burger?

Prefer the place on Wexford street, near Whelans.

Left a comment on the Gourmet Burger website and asked for a voucher... nothing yet!

wasn't that impressed meself either. The place tries too hard to be cool with the retro menus and djs etc. and the burger was undercooked and much too big. I prefer picking up a burger to eat rather than using an knife and fork,
    Also thought Elephant and castle burger was overrated. I do like the place on temple bar square altho the interior is a bit too sterile for my liking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Deepsense wrote: »
    I just rang them - its only for Ranelagh.
    Booooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Just to note - the offer is only valid Monday-Friday from 12pm-5.30pm - Not useful for those of us who are working.

Unless you work in Ranelagh of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I applied for it and got it within an hour. However, as earlier posts pointed out, its only for Ranelagh Mon-Fri - but thanks to the OP for the headsup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

sweetie wrote: »
    wasn't that impressed meself either. The place tries too hard to be cool with the retro menus and djs etc. and the burger was undercooked and much too big. I prefer picking up a burger to eat rather than using an knife and fork,
    Also thought Elephant and castle burger was overrated. I do like the place on temple bar square altho the interior is a bit too sterile for my liking.
    Above post reflects my opinion of Jo-burger (apart from portion size). It's a dive.

Advertisement