Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy vacuum bags in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Im looking to buy vacuum bags for a Goblin Topo 1400W. Does anyone know where I could get these, preferably in town?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

AilishB wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im looking to buy vacuum bags for a Goblin Topo 1400W. Does anyone know where I could get these, preferably in town?

Thanks

Theres a place on North Frederick Street , beside Waltons. Can't remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pokersauce

Do not buy vaccum bags in this shop on North Fredrick street - I’m not really a poster on boards, however I feel it necessary to reply here as I did a google search and was directed to this post. From that I went to this shop to buy the Vaccum bags.

Basically, the woman behind the counter was unbelievably rude. I gave her the correct details, and for whatever reason she couldn’t find them in the system. I also had Codes for bags that were made for a different manufacturer but would fit my brand of Vaccum just in case, however she started to say she couldn’t deal with the numbers I was giving her. Now maybe she was having a bad day, however her colleague felt in necessary to intervene and get the bags for me. He was very helpful and from his overall manner I know he felt that her behavior towards me was unacceptable.

This is the first time I’ve complained like this. However given the unbelievable attitude from this person towards me, I felt it necessary to do so. The shop itself is a mess and filthy, not that it should matter, but it does say a lot about the place when you walk in.

Basically I would in future just order them online. I won’t recommend a place as I have no vested interest in directing people away from this shop other than the way in which I was treated. Not sure if forum moderators will feel it necessary to take this post down, however all information is factual, and should remain on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

pokersauce wrote: »
    Do not buy vaccum bags in this shop on North Fredrick street - I’m not really a poster on boards

Correction, you've never posted on boards, that was your first post.

It's a spare parts shop, not Brown Thomas. I agree that it's a bit topsy turvy but they have a website http://www.spareparts.ie/ where you can check their stock and order online, then you just go in and collect so who cares what the inside of the place looks like?

I remember that lady, she's a bit eccentric all right but I'd choose to deal with her any day before some of the snooty shop retail assistants over on Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pokersauce

Please don't drag up old threads to restart an argument!

Advertisement