Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site to track the New Iranian satellite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I know they are probably 1000s of miles apart, but i wonder if it was put on a very similar orbital path as the space station. Don't know anything really about satellite paths but it looks relatively similar. Same elevation 370-350km, speed 7.43-7.38 km/s.

Or should i go to the conspiracy thread!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

murfie wrote: »
    I know they are probably 1000s of miles apart, but i wonder if it was put on a very similar orbital path as the space station. Don't know anything really about satellite paths but it looks relatively similar. Same elevation 370-350km, speed 7.43-7.38 km/s.

Or should i go to the conspiracy thread!! :D

Yes you should go to the conspiracy thread.
    Iran have no interest in attacking anybody.
    Particularly the ISS of whom Russia is a major contributor.
    FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Did I say attack?! It is just that its a big space up there and the orbit happened to be the same at the time! But looking today they are quite different!
    It wouldn't be for attacking they would do that, sending a message to the US and the rest of the world is what they did. Iran is a space exploration nation now, even if it is a token effort.

Advertisement