Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosters???

Options
  • 04-02-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Is there any legaltime that a job has to give you ie. Are they obligated to give you your roster a week/a month in advance??? I'm askin as my GF is currently goin in on the Wednesday and finding out what days she's working on thursday on till the next Wednesday, now that seems crazy to me, but maybe i'm wrong???

If anyone knows please let me know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭elgransenor

Hi,
    it depends on the job.
    If you look at citizensinformation.ie you will see that there are contracts of employment called 'zero hours contracts' and most of this is covered by Organization of Working Time Act 1997.

Spend 15 mins on that website and you should find the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

There are also a number of reliefs under the Employment Law (Bad Low-Tier Management and Pet Peeves) Act of 1904, including possibility of fines and imprisonment on summary conviction at your local District Court. :D

Advertisement