Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shuttle bus

Options
  • 04-02-2009 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

Since the Dart is out of action (F&%£$$K!!), the temporary bus service seems to leave the station 5 mins earlier than the Dart used to in the mornings. Does anybody know if the shuttle from Charlesland has temporarily changed its schedule to suit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the Dart-replacement buses aren't really sticking to the DART schedule afaik. The one I was on yesterday left at 0720, today at 0725 (it was full) but they seem to have loads of buses lined up, so it makes sense to run them more frequently. No point sitting there for 20 minutes when there are extra buses lined up behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stevecoops

About time they moved the railway line from Brunel's Folly and went the other side of Bray head or a nice tunnel through the middle of it - there must be a load of tunnel machinery somewhere after the port tunnel?

Supposedly this is the location the problems are at - http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=svygwgggt3jv&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29514691&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

stevecoops wrote: »
    About time they moved the railway line from Brunel's Folly and went the other side of Bray head or a nice tunnel through the middle of it - there must be a load of tunnel machinery somewhere after the port tunnel?

both options would be very very expensive.

thats very cool - didn't realise there were birds-eye shots of Bray head on there....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

the bus also left this morning at 7.45 and it took ages to get through the town, total trip from dart station to dart station took 30 mins, traffic through bray town a nightmare...

If bus for bray leaves at 7.25 can someone tell me what time the feeder leaves charlesland to make that bus?

0715 - it was when all the people from the Charlesland bus had boarded that the Dart-bus left.

Better option might be to get the 84x at 0710, or the 184 around the same time... the latter continues straight onto Bray station and should make the 0740 Dart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

The Irish Rail website has the bus time as 9 minutes. Not a hope. Especially when they aren't even leaving on time. The Charlesland shuttle is running on normal times, so even if the bus transfer to Bray did run as scheduled, you'd miss it coming from Charlesland!

Note from Rail Website:
    Bray-Greystones rockfall

A significant amount of rock has fallen near the entrance to the first tunnel on Bray Head. Support wire nets have been damaged, and the area remains high risk, with the potential for further falls from the cliff face.

A team of experts are assessing the situation, to ensure materials can be removed without dangers to workers involved, and to enable the line is made safe for the operation of trains as soon as possible.

However, given the hazards involved, it is expected that this section will remain closed for a number of weeks.

Iarnród Éireann apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused. Full service details will be updated at this website.

Nightmare!

loyatemu wrote: »
    Better option might be to get the 84x at 0710, or the 184 around the same time... the latter continues straight onto Bray station and should make the 0740 Dart.

ok - this didn't work this morning, the 184 didn't get to Charlesland until 0720 and ended up running behind the shuttle - neither of them made it to Bray for the 0740 Dart and I was late again. Looks like an earlier start might be required :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

I went as early as possible this morning to be in for an 8am meeting.

Charlesland Shuttle @ 6.10am
    Bray Transfer bus left @ 6.20am (supposed to leave at 6.15am)
    Bray Dart left @ 6.40am (not 6.29am as stated on timetable)
    Arrived Connolly @ 7.25am

So I doubt if the bus transfer ever catches the dart it is supposed to.

:( Just going to have to email everyone and tell them to forget about 8am meetings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Has anyone gotten the charlesland shuttle at 8am? I'm hoping to get the 8 am shuttle from Charlesland, the 8.25 dart shuttle from Greystones dart station and then the 8.40 dart from Bray. Going by the dart website this should be ok but I'm afraid the dart shuttle will be delayed and the next dart from Bray is quite a wait. Does the dart wait for the shuttle?

wingding wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the charlesland shuttle at 8am? I'm hoping to get the 8 am shuttle from Charlesland, the 8.25 dart shuttle from Greystones dart station and then the 8.40 dart from Bray. Going by the dart website this should be ok but I'm afraid the dart shuttle will be delayed and the next dart from Bray is quite a wait. Does the dart wait for the shuttle?

no it doesn't and a bus leaving greystones at 0825 will not make bray station for 0840.

• Advertisement

That's what I thought but on the dart website it gives those times. I really pity people trying to get the dart on a daily basis! Not really sure what to do now.. I'm not spending an hour and a half on getting to Blackrock when it takes me 30 minutes to drive....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

Yeah train to Greystones back Thursday 19th...:)

From irishrail website..

"Furthermore, the line at Bray Head will reopen on Thursday 19th February. The public footpath at Bray Head will remain closed until further notice"

That's great news! I'm off out tonight and couldn't face the whole ordeal of getting in and out, which means I'm driving and not drinking :eek:

Advertisement