Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT CHARITY EVENT

Options
  • 04-02-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi All,

On the 31st March, DKIT Archery Club are Co-hosting a charity event to raise money for Cancer Societies. The shoot is a 12 hour event.....and 12,000 :eek:arrows.....yep you read right.......:eek: .....we are hoping to get 1200 people shooting on the day......and we are shouting out for your good selves to come and join us on what looks like a VERY Interesting day indeed...:D anyone who is interested in joining us can mail either myself or Barry Faulkner and if possible could you confirm your attendance so we know how many tee-shirts we will need..........

Many thanks everyone,

Tara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Crikey!

Ye don't do things by half in DkIT do ye???? Sounds interesting! Whats the format ye are hoping to shoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 swoo

Well on the 31st we start shooting at 9am through to 9pm that evening, we are hoping to get the main stay of the shooting party made up from archers who know one of a bow from another...:)with a lot of have a go arrows to be shot....the cancer society will have bodies out on the streets collecting monies. local rags will be present and fingers crossed radio coverage too..food and drinkies...(soft) will be provided ...T-shirts will be provided for our compadres..no particular formatt just shoot shoot shoot,ambulance cover provided.... free of charge of course.....just basically looking for anyone who willing to give up a few hours or the day for a worthy cause......

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Count me in

Many thanks dot.....if you need any further info just give me a text or a call......see you then......Tara

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

Hey, can count me in too. I have Wends off, so seems like something productive to do for the Day!! :)

• Advertisement

Mick, Thats great to hear.......Many thanks.....looking forward to seeing you there....

Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mogsey

Just to update some of the details. you all know we'll be aiming for 12000 arrows by 1200 people in 12 hours, what you don't know is that the goal in the way of fundraising has been set at €12000.
    Also for anyone thinking of joining us, we will nedd to have numbers by the monday 16th of march in order for us to have t-shirts for everyone.
    contact barry faulkner, tara purcell or myself if you are interested

Hi All,
    Many thanks to all who joined us for the DKIT charity shoot.......Cian and Niall many thanks lads for travelling up to be here......many many thanks for the money you collected in U/L it was really greatly appreciated as was the help you gave us.......Harry & Dot.....Thank you both so much for coming up ( if ye have any idea of the number of arrows you shot for the official count?)..........Mr. Hanlon if you out there .......Greatly appreciated..........Michele......Love as always xxx......Thank you.......

It seems we have already verified 2 of our three goals with the shoot and as soon as i have had the numbers verified I will post.......Again Folk Many many many thanks for your support and contribution.......See you all soon......

Tara

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

Hey, Congrats on the shoot lads!!

Many appologies for not getting oveer myself, unfortunatly just one of those weeks in college that all gathers up!!! Meant to remind you. sorry again.

Well done lads!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Hey, think it was 250 for me and about 150 for Harry but I'll double check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

ruiner wrote: »
    about 150 for Harry

He's such a light weight ;)

Advertisement