Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do your CT beliefs bother you day-to-day?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

For example, if you hate the money system and banks, does it bother you to even handle the stuff? Or to have a bank account?

Do you hate having a job/dole because you feel you are part of the system?

Does it make you stop and squirm a little?

Genuine question/s.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

For example, if you hate the money system and banks, does it bother you to even handle the stuff? Or to have a bank account?

Do you hate having a job/dole because you feel you are part of the system?

Does it make you stop and squirm a little?

Genuine question/s.

Hatred leads to ignorance and stupidity , this is not about beliefs to me , it is about researching and trying to find out the truth , finding out the truth leads to understanding not hatred .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

espinolman wrote: »
    Hatred leads to ignorance and stupidity , this is not about beliefs to me , it is about researching and trying to find out the truth , finding out the truth leads to understanding not hatred .

Ok, but does it not bother you to be part of the very system you... dislike maybe a teency bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Ok, but does it not bother you to be part of the very system you... dislike maybe a teency bit?

Well i would admit i used to hate the system somewhat but the more i come to an understanding of how things are the less hatred i have , its like finding out the truth dissolves hatred .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

No effect on my day-today life but it dissuaded me from buying a house in 2007 which has saved me a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I get a shivers using mobile phones, the EFT, electronic smart cards and automated checkouts knowing that this technology will eventually be used against us by the up and coming order to track all our dealings and movements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Good question. Yes, sometimes they do. I left my old job working in a multinational largely because I could see through the corporate bull**** and I didn't like how they exploited people for profit. Working now at something I enjoy doing, rather than being in it for the money.

As a parent, it can also be worrying when one considers the future. It also bothered me when vaccination time came along, of course. As for banks, I dislike them, and use credit union for loans and savings. Look at how quickly the banks will send you threatening letters for missing a payment, and you are doing them a favour by having your money in their company. And when they ****ed up the economy they had the neck to put the hand out to the taxpayer to 'bail them out'... pity banks have never been so charitable themselves. Cnuts! :)

Apart from that, I'm not an overly bitter or paranoid person, it's more of a hobby for me tbh, rather than being an activist type. It engages the mind.

I wish I'd listened more to conspiracy theorists who were warning of economic collapse for many years, and advising to invest in gold stocks... Didn't really have spare cash to invest though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I suppose it does affect how I function a bit

I get paid in cash Generaly
    I dont cary any ID ever
    My cars are registered to dummy companies
    my phone is registered to a phoney address on the other side of the contient
    House in in the GF's name

I try to avoid interaction with the system where possible

as for work I love what I do, like Kernel I gave up workin for a large multinational and found something I enjoy instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

espinolman wrote: »
    Espinolman is right in saying this is not about beliefs....But do my own opinion's about conspiracy theories bother me from day to day!? well im not fully [hearted] into conspiracy theories just for a long time into everything u.f.o. On this subject you not only have to read in conspiracy theories, but not all theories are wrong, some truth in every story.. i just dont know what that is:rolleyes:.it bothers me the researching and the understanding that u.f.os are real......and i didnt say alien thats a different subject:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I try to avoid interaction with the system where possible

You do realise that such actions would make you a statistical blip from any sort of "Big Brother" that you might imagine exists?

If anything, it would make you stand out from the crowd, and thus be more noticeable.

The best way to hide is to blend into the background...not do everything you can to look different to it.

ETA: Do you accept, incidentally, the costs that will come about from not having ID, or from using false information for registering a mobile phone etc. should you ever be caught?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Kernel wrote: »
    Good question. Yes, sometimes they do. I left my old job working in a multinational largely because I could see through the corporate bull**** and I didn't like how they exploited people for profit. Working now at something I enjoy doing, rather than being in it for the money.

As a parent, it can also be worrying when one considers the future. It also bothered me when vaccination time came along, of course. As for banks, I dislike them, and use credit union for loans and savings. Look at how quickly the banks will send you threatening letters for missing a payment, and you are doing them a favour by having your money in their company. And when they ****ed up the economy they had the neck to put the hand out to the taxpayer to 'bail them out'... pity banks have never been so charitable themselves. Cnuts! :)

Apart from that, I'm not an overly bitter or paranoid person, it's more of a hobby for me tbh, rather than being an activist type. It engages the mind.

I wish I'd listened more to conspiracy theorists who were warning of economic collapse for many years, and advising to invest in gold stocks... Didn't really have spare cash to invest though.

Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I dont cary any ID ever
    What happens if, heaven forbid, you are involved in an accident and your family/loved ones don't know where you are. Do you have an emergency contact number on your mobile phone at least? Or easily identifiable people on your mobile contacts like "Mum/Dad"?
    Look at how quickly the banks will send you threatening letters for missing a payment, and you are doing them a favour by having your money in their company. And when they ****ed up the economy they had the neck to put the hand out to the taxpayer to 'bail them out'
    Well in fairness to the banks, they don't harass you if you have money in their system, they harass you if you owe them money. It's when you go overdrawn/not pay them that they harass you, you aren't 'doing them a favour' by overborrowing or not paying. And at least you can rest assured that the 'bailout' is a big loan that the bank is paying you back over time, so they are ending up paying you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I often dont even bother to carry my phone with me Gordon.

If I am in an accident then I'll end up in hospital, my family are on the other side of the planet so thers no point botherin them, the GF may be miffed but she knows the score.

Bonkey I understand what you are saying but do try to keep all the paperwork clean and legit should anyone look at it, any form of diggin might lead to some further questions but that cut and run time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

A few years ago there was a report done up on the possible consequences of the surveillance society for the future; for the British Government, chilling stuff..

Summary Report here

Basicly put, the regulation in Britain is inadequate to protect citizens, with detrimental consequences for society as a whole. Not necessarily a NWO plot, but a very serious danger none the less. :confused:

Advertisement