Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 exit to Terenure Road East?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,351 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you'll find great variability. While you might do it in about 5 minutes off peak, I imagine it could take 15-30 on peak. I don't know if there are any banned turns involved.

There were road works on Firhouse Avenue / Butterfield Avenue last week and things were a bit chronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

i wouldn't go via butterfield avenue it's always chocka, just head straight down the n81 through templeogue and terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭sk8board

dereko1969 wrote: »
    i wouldn't go via butterfield avenue it's always chocka, just head straight down the n81 through templeogue and terenure

do you think that straight down the middle is the best option?

I'm thinking of starting early each morning, getting there for 8.
    Because the small back streets from Rathfarnham Rd come up near the office, I figured getting onto rathfarnham road (Bushy Park Rd) would be best

Victor, you'd be surprised re the variety of options; all the right turns are now banned from Templeogue road.

Heres another option, could be better?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=N81%2FTallaght+Rd&daddr=53.299184,-6.305637+to:R112%2FSpringfield+Ave+to:Wasdale+Park+to:R114%2FTerenure+Rd+E&hl=en&geocode=FQMsLQMd-3Sf_w%3B%3BFYFGLQMdYwOg_w%3BFehqLQMdRCug_w%3BFYx1LQMd2C2g_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1,2,3&sll=53.302672,-6.288986&sspn=0.033237,0.109177&ie=UTF8&z=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

eh, i wouldn't have been up that early to know the traffic before 8!!
    the route you've suggested could work okay, it's a little messy but avoids most of the schools so could be a bit quicker. i'd try both options just to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Yeah, the no right turn thing is a joke! Nearly every turn is blocked, you can always turn left and swing a U turn after Templeogue Village although sometimes they'll be watching but there's a cul de sac immediatly after the turn so lob in there and whip it around, can't stop you for that, it's what I do. Templeogue Road can be jammers in the morning, even on the bus on a bus lane so your best bet is I think take a left after Templeogue Village, dip into the estate and turn or right before the village and left and left again.

• Advertisement

Its been 2 months now of commuting this route, and its going very well.
    I leave the house at 7am on the nose, and am in Terenure/Rathgar at 7.45, sometimes quicker. Its 26miles door-to-door. Not bad at all.

the m50 config changed a bit last weekend, so its closer to 50min these days, but still its much quicker than I thought, and that will be removed once the M50 ph2 is completed.

I never go through the Terenure crossroads (at rathdown motors), but go through rathdown park and through bushey park rd.

On the return journey, it takes between 13 and 22 minutes to get from Terenure on to the M50.
    I'm usually home in 50-55min, but the big blockage is from the Finglas junct to the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeah, the no right turn thing is a joke! Nearly every turn is blocked, you can always turn left and swing a U turn after Templeogue Village although sometimes they'll be watching but there's a cul de sac immediatly after the turn so lob in there and whip it around, can't stop you for that, it's what I do. Templeogue Road can be jammers in the morning, even on the bus on a bus lane so your best bet is I think take a left after Templeogue Village, dip into the estate and turn or right before the village and left and left again.

If your talking about the cul de sac im thinking of (Templeville Park) there are 2 signs on that road banning u turns

Just to update everyone, I've started coming in and out from the M50 via the Ballymount exit, instead of sitting in the queue to the Tallaght junct; its working out very well (26 miles in 40mins most mornings, all motorway at rush-hour, 7am-7.40). It takes about 12-15min to get from the m50 at Ballymount to Terenure cross.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=N81&daddr=53.316416,-6.337738+to:M50&hl=en&geocode=FZBxLQMddB6g_w%3B%3BFVaCLQMdxuKe_w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1&sll=53.310673,-6.325378&sspn=0.031795,0.11055&ie=UTF8&ll=53.305544,-6.32246&spn=0.031799,0.11055&z=13

roll on the completion of the M50 upgade

The return journey in the evening is anywhere from 45-55min

Advertisement