Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Conversions

Options
  • 03-02-2009 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Incorrect Forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

I'm sure you'll get the advice you need... as soons as the mods move in and relocate your post to the correct forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

coco, how on earth did you think Bargain Alerts was the place for this? :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coco200066

I saw consumer, so thought this would be the place. I will delete.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Ya, your in the wrong spot, you should be in the Rec - Home & Garden. I'm sure the mods will move ya along. Anyways, don't know much about who will do it for ya, but here are a few technicals pointers.

For a habitable room, that is a bedroom, the ceiling must be 8ft high and the floor space can only be twice the ceiling space at 8ft.

For a bedroom, the velux or dormer must be a maximum of 600mm from the floor and 1200m from the verge of the roof on the slope.

Make sure that there is more than adequate insulation put in as a poorly insulated conversion will be unbearably hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. Insulation should not be packed into the rafters, a gap of 50mm is needed to allow air circulation. also note, Insulation costs can differ greatly. e.g. Kingspan thermal board v fiberglass.

I think you need to get a scoping document of what you want to do and price builders like for like.

Anyways, check the Building Regs to confirm the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement