Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk Wine/Champers

Options
  • 03-02-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all, I am seeking suggestions on the cheapest way to buy/import 100 odd bottles of wine plus 50 odd of a nice champagne/cava/prosecco
    I was budgeting 3-4 Euro for the wine and 13.50 Euro for the bubbles, do you think this possible?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

you could just strike a deal with your local supermarket/ offie. most will have a e4.99 wine which youl'd buy for e4 if your buying that many. also any champagne in or around e20 would be bought for e15 when youe taking a case or two

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

With Irish VAT and duty there is very little drinkable at 3-4 euro - you'd be lucky to have 50c worth of actual wine!

France is probably the best place to go from here, given that you could get some decent (eg Southern France) wines at the 3-4 euro pricemark, and nice bubbles for similar (Cremant d'Alcace or Cremant de Bourgoine/Loire are very drinkable sparkling wines usually at around 5-6 euro). But you'd have to add the cost and time of getting there - good deals at this time of year though.

Failing that, you could try a trip up north. The supermarkets are doing 3 for 10 sterling on a range of wines. M&S have a few by the case that work out at 3to4 sterling, and they do a drinkable cava (the Prestige one) for 6.29 a case. If you research the sterling prices, you could buy a few samples in M&S here to try first, so you know what you are buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DingoL

Thanks for the replies, I've researched France and found this site who cater for bulk wine to take on the ferry home.
    http://www.normandie-wine.com
    Could I get some opinions on the following wines?
    Whites:
    SAUVIGNON Vin de Pays d´Oc - Olivier Latour 2.95€ France
    MILLBERG CELLARS - Sauvignon Blanc 3.95€ Aus
    SAUVIGNON BLANC Vin de Pays du Val de Loire - Domaine de la Houssais 3.95€ France
    SAUVIGNON Vin de Pays d´Oc - Domaine de la Ferrandiere 3.95€ France
    COLOMBARD CHARDONNAY - Banrock Station 4.20€ Aus
    RAYEN CHARDONNAY - Colchagua Valley 4.40€ Chile
    RAYEN SAUVIGNON BLANC - Colchaga Valley 4.40€ Chile
    Reds:
    MERLOT Vin de Pays d´Oc - Olivier Latour 2.95€ France
    CABERNET SAUVIGNON Vin de Pays d´Oc - Domaine de la Ferrandière 3.40€ France
    MERLOT Vin de Pays d´Oc - Domaine de la Ferrandière 3.40€ France
    MERLOT Vin de Pays d´Oc - Sandpiper 4.20€ France
    RAYEN VINEYARDS - Cabernet Sauvignon 4.40€ Chile
    RAYEN VINEYARDS - Merlot 4.40€ Chile
    Bubbles
    CHARDONNAY VIN MOUSSEUX - Varichon & Clerc 4.20€
    VOUVRAY RESERVE BRUT-DRY - Domaine de la Rouletière 5.95€
    VOUVRAY RESERVE DEMI-SEC (Medium) - Domaine de la Rouletière 5.95€
    Any feedback graciously received
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

I'd say disregard all the non French wines. All of the others should be ok.
    Go the Loire SB, One of the Vin De Pays Merlots. The Chardy Sparkler should be nice.Blanc de Blanc is a nice aperitif syle. Good prices.

Advertisement