Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How permanent is this position?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

just as a side issue guys im looking for some clarification if it is possible from somebody. Having worked on pro-rata for 4 years, and a previous year on part time hrs i was successfully interviewed for a full time permanent position in one of the IT's for AL position about two years ago. My question is how 'permanent' is this position? is there any danger with the current situation of job-cuts in the education sector, or is my job safe as long as i continue to carry on the way i have been for the past 6 years...
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've moved this to its own thread as you will get more replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

just as a side issue guys im looking for some clarification if it is possible from somebody. Having worked on pro-rata for 4 years, and a previous year on part time hrs i was successfully interviewed for a full time permanent position in one of the IT's for AL position about two years ago. My question is how 'permanent' is this position? is there any danger with the current situation of job-cuts in the education sector, or is my job safe as long as i continue to carry on the way i have been for the past 6 years...
    thanks

well I don't have any experience of employment within the third level sector but I would imagine that if your contract says permanent then that's what it is.

Advertisement