Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone 3G bill

Options
  • 03-02-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭

I have vodafone 3G

im bit pissed off right now

i looked up my bill for january and found it was 75 euro

i couldnt believe it,I always get a txt saying from vodafone saying
    Your monthly usage is approaching the 5GB limit. Please be aware excess charges of 2c per MB apply. We reserve the right to suspend service in excess of 10GB

i always got that that txt each month when ever im close to the 5gb

somtimes im good and can control me usage

but this bill of 75euro ,I never got a txt saying i went over the limit

Iv rang vodafone and a supervisor is going to ring me tomorrow about it

so i want to know do i have a good case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Maybe, maybe not. It's you're responsibility not to go over the cap, but if Vodafone have a policy of warning with a text, and failed to do this, then they could be responsible. Is the text just a courtesy thing, or is it in their terms and conditions?

Another thing, is it possible to check your usage stats, accurately, on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jor el wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. It's you're responsibility not to go over the cap, but if Vodafone have a policy of warning with a text, and failed to do this, then they could be responsible. Is the text just a courtesy thing, or is it in their terms and conditions?

Another thing, is it possible to check your usage stats, accurately, on the website?

i was told by the customer rep that i could check my usage online but as i told the rep that never works for me

which it doesnt

im not sure is it a courtesy thing, or is it in their terms and conditions tbh

but iv been with vodafone for nearly 9-10 months and when im near the 5gb cap iv always got a txt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

I think Vodafone should increase their cap to over 10GB to get ahead of the competition. They don't have much going for them with today's pricing, last night I was barly able to get 200k download speed in Dublin city.

I don't have a problem with the download limit myself, I only used 10GB in the last 12 months. However I did use Skype occasionally when I was on the road, this has been unusable in the last six months.

I have been with Vodafone Broadband for 3 years, but now I am thinking of moving to Three or O2 as they appear to be far better value, which is important in the present climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭chikuu

I have vodafone 3G

im bit pissed off right now

i looked up my bill for january and found it was 75 euro

i couldnt believe it,I always get a txt saying from vodafone saying

i always got that that txt each month when ever im close to the 5gb

somtimes im good and can control me usage

but this bill of 75euro ,I never got a txt saying i went over the limit

Iv rang vodafone and a supervisor is going to ring me tomorrow about it

so i want to know do i have a good case?

I have not got my bill yet for January but I always go over the limit so I am very sure I will get a nasty bill. I was a bit surprised that I never got the text to say I was going over the limit.

I thought it was to do with the fact that I was out of contract so they don't care then but seen as you didn't get the text, looks like I am not the only one.

You might have a case, its hard to say.

If I get a high bill, I will come back to ya.

I agree with the previous poster, they should increase to 10GB. I am afraid to go on youtube or any high content websites as they eat the quota. :mad:

i was told by the customer rep that i could check my usage online but as i told the rep that never works for me

which it doesnt

but iv been with vodafone for nearly 9-10 months and when im near the 5gb cap iv always got a txt

I think the "check my usage" on the vodafone website only tells you how much of the quota you used after the bill comes out and if you have used more or less than in the previous month which is pointless because it tells you the quota on the bill anyway.

The Quota volume counter on the broadband software is not very accurate, it never matches what I get on the bill.

I cant speak for the new USB ones that are out at the moment.

• Advertisement

which it doesnt

I looked at the terms and conditions and there is no mention of it.

However I got a written letter on the 16th July 2008 of an introduced new measure to keep on top of the costs - Automatic txt alerts.

It is a courtesy thing, but you and I trusted vodafone to send you a text when you went over the limit which they didnt provide.

Knowing Vodafone, they will find any trick in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

courtesy or not as they have been sending "warning" texts since you started using the service they really should continue to warn you or at least let you know that they have stopped sending out the warning texts.

so to update this

i was offered next month free by vodafone

i accepted this but i still have to pay the 75 euro

the rep told me thats all they can do for me

terms and conditions etc bs

Im not sure did i make the right choice tbh

so to update this

i was offered next month free by vodafone

i accepted this but i still have to pay the 75 euro

the rep told me thats all they can do for me

terms and conditions etc bs

Im not sure did i make the right choice tbh

its better than nothing... put it this way, you are now paying 37.50 EUR each for Jan and February.

got my bill, it was 52.20 EUR, rang them about the text msg thing... then I was put on hold for 5 mins and then the agent said that the text messages about limit usage doesnt always come out, it is only a courtesy thing, which is a bit of bull really, whats the point in providing it then if it cant be relied on.

He said that the software give you the usage details but I feel it is not accurate in my opinion about volume usage.

I better be careful now :rolleyes:

chikuu wrote: »
    its better than nothing... put it this way, you are now paying 37.50 EUR each for Jan and February.

got my bill, it was 52.20 EUR, rang them about the text msg thing... then I was put on hold for 5 mins and then the agent said that the text messages about limit usage doesnt always come out, it is only a courtesy thing, which is a bit of bull really, whats the point in providing it then if it cant be relied on.

He said that the software give you the usage details but I feel it is not accurate in my opinion about volume usage.

I better be careful now :rolleyes:

Ring them up and demand to talk to their supervisor

thats what i did and it scared them

dont give up on it

• Advertisement

Ring them up and demand to talk to their supervisor

thats what i did and it scared them

dont give up on it

Thanks, I will, felt I was getting just bullsh** off them today.

Did vodafone give you any reason as to why they did not text you that you were going over the 5GB limit??

chikuu wrote: »
    Thanks, I will, felt I was getting just bullsh** off them today.

Did vodafone give you any reason as to why they did not text you that you were going over the 5GB limit??

same excuse you got courtesy thing

which is bull **** because since i got it last yr im always close to the 5gb limit and i got a txt to warn me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

a 5gb limit is a total fu*king joke ! you'd go over that almost just from regular browsing
    any sign of them upping the cap to something more realistic ?

pvt.joker wrote: »
    a 5gb limit is a total fu*king joke ! you'd go over that almost just from regular browsing
    any sign of them upping the cap to something more realistic ?

the customer rep who i was talking to,told me that vodafone are looking at upgrading the cap to 10gb

he couldnt give me a date for it to be done

but doesnt really matter to me,I wont be with them much longer hopefully

real broadband is coming to my area this yr yepeeee

Advertisement