Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch party

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi All,

Me and my (female:)) friend have just launched a new website with provocative (but tasteful!) women’s lingerie.
    We are having an official launch party Thursday week in one of the well known Dublin venues but I need your help on finding some extra attraction for the night that would lure people to the party :rolleyes:

Do you have any suggestions or would like to join us with your company in return for some free advertising?

P.s. any comments regarding the website are welcomed :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Whats your website OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

Right, I had to forget something :)

www.secretbite.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

some good stuff OP, could do with a bigger range I think.

Thank you!

Yes, we aware of it but we have to start somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

I like the site and the "clothes"
    You will do well. Especially with the way things are at the moment.
    More people are staying in and wearing "clothes" :)

All the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Given the date and the nature of the product my first thought is a Valentines theme. I hope that you've sent out a big press release to print and tv media in time for the site to turn up in those what to get your partner for valentines day features.

The evening Herald social diary always announces launch parties in the corner by all the photos so make sure it's in there.

I would also do a 'fashion' show. Guaranteed to get press that way. You could probably get some fresh faces from model agencies at a better price but I would fork out for one of the tabloid friendly girls from Assets for further press. The irish media like nothing more than a promotions girl in underwear.

There's also nothing like a draw to keep people sticking around at a launch. Went to one last night, recieved a ticket for a draw for a pair of designer shoes at the beginning and the draw was done towards the end of the event after the speeches
    No one was leaving until that draw. Great way to stop people coming in, getting the free champagne and leaving before the actual event.

Also, if there are canapés - have vegetarian ones. Went to another launch with lots of oysters, salmon thingys, crab on crackers and loads of other things going around and nothing at all for the veggies! It's the free food and drink that really gets people to the launch parties after all.

Good Luck

Had a look at the site too btw. I'd be curious to know the profile of your customer because to me the site and the product seems squarely aimed at a male customer. I can't really imagine women shopping there but that's just my opinion. Years ago I worked in Agent Provocateur and it used to be difficult to sell the red/black lacy combo to women but it was the first thing men would pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CallieO

DesignLady wrote: »
    Had a look at the site too btw. I'd be curious to know the profile of your customer because to me the site and the product seems squarely aimed at a male customer. I can't really imagine women shopping there but that's just my opinion. Years ago I worked in Agent Provocateur and it used to be difficult to sell the red/black lacy combo to women but it was the first thing men would pick up.

Seconded.

Hi,

Thanks for all the tips!
    The press release didn't happen for us but this is something that we will definitely fix for the next party!

All in all, launch party turned out OK and the girls gave a great lingerie show :)
    but we will never plan a party for Thursday again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

good for you OP - best of luck with the venture! ;)

• Advertisement

Tav wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for all the tips!
    The press release didn't happen for us but this is something that we will definitely fix for the next party!

All in all, launch party turned out OK and the girls gave a great lingerie show :)
    but we will never plan a party for Thursday again ;)

Think the problem was that there was another lingerine launch party at the Bondi Beach Club (is that the right name, used to be Zanzibar?) on Thursday that gots tons of press. My parents are big tabloid fans and saw two page spreads and days of photocalls with models about this event in a few different editions. I assumed it was yours but read the small print and realised it was a clashing event.

The Bondi Beach I think was 10-14 February every night and it was the Stillorgan venue, not Zanzibar. I was going to go there but I was too exhausted and busy to even think about it :)

I sincerely wish it was our event that got so much publicity but we don't have such a budget ;) but we will get there eventually!

If you are interested, we put some photos on facebook :)

Advertisement