Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrents on 3 Mobile?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Does anyone know if 3 have blocked torrents on their wireless modems? I was always able to download, albeit slowly, but in the last few days no matter what the availability of the file, there's zero downloading. Anyone else having the same problems?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd suggest you search the midband forum, this has been asked before

moved thread to midband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I've always downloaded torrents and yes actually, the last couple of days there have been some problems.

I use uTorrent 1.8 and to fix it, I simply changed some random options in uTorrent :P
    For example:

uTorrent -> Options -> Preferences -> Maximum upload rate (kB/[s): Tick

Any options, Read them though to make sure it won't affect the speeds much.

I know you think you should limit your upload rate, as you want to download stuff quicker but dont.. The upload speeds on 3 are crap anyways and rarely go above 1kB/ps and most peers have limitations therefore meaning if you have unlimited upload then they will let you download more/download faster

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Thanks for the reply. I normally always limit my upload rate and have tried changing these but I'm getting nothing at all. It's really weird cos although they've been slow for me before, I've always been able to download something even at a slow rate. I'm also using uTorrent.

So if you change the upload rate, do your torrents kick in and start downloading then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Works for me.

Perhaps your area is highly contented, Try it at these times:

10am - 3pm
    11pm - 5am

I'm downloading something RIGHT now at 150kb/ps

And it's only got 5 seeds...

Advertisement