Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mods for audi a3

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

any one got any suggestions/ pics on mods for a black 02 audi a3? What alloys(18s)? tint the windows? get lowered?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

17 or 18'' dished wheels (BBS etc), Badgeless grill and coilovers. Job done and one sweet looking Audi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Duff wrote: »
    17 or 18'' dished wheels (BBS etc), Badgeless grill and coilovers. Job done and one sweet looking Audi.

i agree, big wheels and audis worth very well together...

ABT also do some Very good body kits aswell as tuning kits...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Take all your styling cues from the S3 and as a result pick up cheap second hand parts from broken S3's on ebay etc,that way you will be fitting genuine audi parts not spurious knock offs and third party kits.

How far do you want to go with the spending?

17" S3 wheels and lower it would be a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

not sure yet just lookin for general ideas first then see how much its gona cost i'll be gettin 18s regardless possibly 19s and lowered aswell
    willing to spend upto 1000 on the alloys

brmccfc wrote: »
    not sure yet just lookin for general ideas first then see how much its gona cost i'll be gettin 18s regardless possibly 19s and lowered aswell
    willing to spend upto 1000 on the alloys

What engine? anything smaller than 1.8 and i wouldn't put 18's on it,i wouldn't put 19's on any A3,if you go 18 you will need to lower it or it will look like a tractor.

• Advertisement

1.6 ya reckon it would effect the performance much? haha ya fair enough

Heavy 18" wheels would sap the life out of a 1.6 and would also put fierce strain on the gearbox,a nice of set of oem light 17" wheels would be grand.

anyone know how much timing belt and water pump would cost to replace?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

brmccfc wrote: »
    anyone know how much timing belt and water pump would cost to replace?

parts and labour about €300-400 at a guess

sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

try vagdrivers.net for a few ideas and info

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dillo1

I have an 2006 Audi 1.9 TDI. There are 70,000 mls on it.I've just changed Timing Kit (Belt + Tensioners + Water Pump), Oil change, Oil + fuel filter and Air Filters and replaced brake pads. All for €650 including labour.
    Machanic in Castlebar did the job.

Western Motors in Galway wanted €800 for timing belt kit replacement alone!!! Rip-Off

Advertisement