Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" LCD TV €299 at PowerCity includes free HDMI cable.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if bush couldn't make a half decent CRT, I doubt they'll do any better with LCD, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Oracle wrote: »
    At PowerCity Bush 32" LCD TV €299 with free HDMI cable.

This might be a good buy for a child's bedroom or play room, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this for general viewing, especially considering it has 1 HDMI connection. You don't have to spend €1000 on a 32" TV, but you could find better deals elsewhere for a few hundred Euros more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Rsaeire wrote: »
    This might be a good buy for a child's bedroom or play room, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this for general viewing, especially considering it has 1 HDMI connection. You don't have to spend €1000 on a 32" TV, but you could find better deals elsewhere for a few hundred Euros more.

I have a cheap 26" AS LCD, it only has 1 HDMI and is missing a few other desirable connections, but for the price paid and in terms of watching Divx/Xvid, it's superb. Most of these cheap TVs are excellent once you're aware of how it'll serve particular functions. 299 for any 32" HD Ready LCD is brilliant value and I'm sure it'd be perfectly fine for Xbox360/Watching content.

I have a cheap 26" AS LCD, it only has 1 HDMI and is missing a few other desirable connections, but for the price paid and in terms of watching Divx/Xvid, it's superb. Most of these cheap TVs are excellent once you're aware of how it'll serve particular functions. 299 for any 32" HD Ready LCD is brilliant value and I'm sure it'd be perfectly fine for Xbox360/Watching content.

As you say, a cheap TV is ideal for what you need it for. I can only give my opinion, which I know won't always be the same as others, and recommend based upon that. If someone is looking for a cheap and cheerful TV and are aware of the caveats, then hopefully they find the above TV of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Spend €60 more and get a Sharp 32" from Richersounds.

Or if you want to buy something cheap, how about the 37" Elonex from SVP or Bigpockets for about £300 plus the delivery charge. This TV isn't too bad for a cheapie - I've seen it in a TV shop locally.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    As you say, a cheap TV is ideal for what you need it for. I can only give my opinion, which I know won't always be the same as others, and recommend based upon that. If someone is looking for a cheap and cheerful TV and are aware of the caveats, then hopefully they find the above TV of some use.

I wasn't arguing with you or anything just in case that might have been misconstrued as condescending, and I understand - you will get people who pay 299 for a TV and somehow expect the feature set and performance of a model costing two fold, no matter how hard you try to get your point across. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I have a 32 inch Bush LCD as a secondary tv (42 inch Samsung Plasma is my main one) whilst the connectivity and black levels aren't too good, everything else is more than adequate, especially for a budget LCD, it's been going strong for 2 years now of heavy usage. Good for watching movies/playing 360 etc

I wasn't arguing with you or anything just in case that might have been misconstrued as condescending, and I understand - you will get people who pay 299 for a TV and somehow expect the feature set and performance of a model costing two fold, no matter how hard you try to get your point across. :D

I know you weren’t, don't worry. I was merely ensuring that I was as clear as possible in the intentions of my comments. There are people who would buy a TV, such as the one we are discussing, and be happy with it for the price and feature set and by the same token, there are others who would demand more and are willing to pay the price.

I find that a TV, like the Bush, is hard to recommend if there are not enough online reviews or user feedback, so paying a little more for not only the features one would expect from such a TV, but for the peace of mind in buying a respected brand, is a better situation to be in.

As podge3 mentioned, there are far better TVs for only €60 more, a lot less than I had originally estimated, so the choice is really wide open when it comes to this type of product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I bought the same model Bush in tescos last year. Absolute piece of crap. It went back a week later. Nothing but trouble with it. Colour going wonky and the chanells changing by themself for about 45mins after the TV is turned on. Avoid

dancor wrote: »
    I bought the same model Bush in tescos last year. Absolute piece of crap. It went back a week later. Nothing but trouble with it. Colour going wonky and the chanells changing by themself for about 45mins after the TV is turned on. Avoid

Well, there you go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

My first post here but I've been lurking for a while.

I have that TV and its pretty good- main TV hooked to a PS3 and great sound(For so cheap) and BluRay video works well.

No problems with it, connectivity is poor but I do have PS3, XBox 360, Wii and NTL connected so its not that bad!

I paid a similar price and it gets a big thumbs up for value for money.

Advertisement