Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no summon for a drugs charge, please help, need info urgently

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

ok, so i'm up for a drugs charge on thursday, bascially got lifted at a music festival, not last year but the year before, I didn know what was in the bag that was taken off me ( I had found it in the bathrooms of the nightclub i worked in at the time the night before) Not making excuses for my thoughtless actions, it was put down as 40 euro's worth of chemicals. One of the lads i went with had his weed taken off him, he recieved his summons last summer, i never recieved one (I had my family on the look out as he had rang me to warn me) Didn't give much more thought to the situation as nothing seemed to come of it. On the way back from the courthouse my friend an his girlfriend rang me to tell me know that my name was called out in the court that day. I was on my way into college as i was on a deadline for a project. I then went to the local garda station to find out what i could, they gave me the number for the station to get in contact with. I have to go to the court on thursday yet i still haven't recieved any summons and have to travel to the courthouse to collect it. it's been over 17 months since the incident i'm in final year in college, it's my first and only offence, i'm in my early 20 twenties, and can barely afford to pay a fine, never less afford a conviction. I want to travel and work abroad using my eduaction. What's the worst that can happen considering the circumstances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Sorry no legal advice allowed. The best bet is to see a solicitor asap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement