Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouch!

Options
  • 02-02-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Just when I thought I couldn't hate pregnancy anymore than I do I seem, at nearly 35 weeks, to have developed pregnancy related carpel tunnel syndrome. My fingertips on my left hand are absolutely killing me, like someone is sticking hot pins under the nails and I am getting shooting pains up my arms and in my wrists.

Anyone else experience this? I know people say never again and then forget all the pain involved in pregnancy and labour but I seriously don't think I could ever put myself through this again!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Don't worry after childbirth it will seem like minor pain;p
    It could be a trapped nerve.
    Warm water might help or getting someone to massage your hands for you.
    Hope it clears up soon for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Vel wrote: »

Anyone else experience this? I know people say never again and then forget all the pain involved in pregnancy and labour but I seriously don't think I could ever put myself through this again!

This made me smile - I used to say the same when preg & just after giving birth... now 4 years on I genuinely can't remember a thing - how convenient.

Sorry to hear you're suffering - hope it improves soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

RIRI wrote: »
    This made me smile - I used to say the same when preg & just after giving birth... now 4 years on I genuinely can't remember a thing - how convenient.

Sorry to hear you're suffering - hope it improves soon

:) I've already told my husband we have to have a girl, he tells me I was singing a different tune two weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

pmsl Quackles lol:D

I'm having awful trouble walking with pains down my sides and tummy. The ones down the sides are normal apparently and the middle one is coz baby's head has turned already, I'm hoping it does another flip soon, I can't waddle like this for the next four months!!!:eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I am never having another child... ever... I will never forget the pain... and I only got to two centimetres before I was sectioned!! It was the pain afterwards that I wasn't able to deal with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

I am never having another child... ever... I will never forget the pain... and I only got to two centimetres before I was sectioned!! It was the pain afterwards that I wasn't able to deal with...

I genuinely can't remember the pain before during or after - that said cold day in hell are the words that spring to mind when my OH even gets a glint in his eye! :)

Advertisement