Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital on Mount Street, Dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am doing some family history and found a relative that was born at 28 Lower Mount Street.

I know that we had no relatives living there which leads me to believe that it was a hospital. Does anyone know of a hospital that was at this address in the period 1900 - 1920?

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

The 1911 census states that 28 Lr. Mount St. was a private dwelling, but it also says that the head of the household, Margaret McBride, was a midwife.

I would presume then that your relative went to this address to have her baby delivered.

The address is also very close to Holles St Hospital, so their might be some connection there as well.

Heres the link for the census return http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/South_Dock/Mount_Street__Lower/84327/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Draoicht,

Had not thought of searching there. Thank you very much.

D

Advertisement