Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Pay

Options
  • 02-02-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I’d like some advice if possible. I have worked for my employer for the last 4 years with no formal employment contract (despite our constant requests for a contract). Each year, I’ve had holiday left over; so I’ve carried over 5 days (as is my entitlement) and been paid for balance of days left over. I have email and pay records showing that I’ve been entitled to holiday pay in lieu for the last few years.
    This year however, my employer is telling me now that I’m not entitled to holiday pay in lieu. I’ve only been told now though in 2009, and had no prior notice to that effect. I was due 18 days holiday (5 of which should have been carried over), and had I known that we weren’t entitled to the pay in lieu, then I would have taken that leave throughout 2008.

Can my employer retrospectively change the “terms” of my employment like this without consultation with me? :(

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement