Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elara.ie

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before! Does anyone have any feedback on buying a laptop from Elara.ie? Just found the one I want for over €200 cheaper on their site so what's the catch?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Bought a Thinkpad off them last October-ish. No complaints, two day delivery and would definitely consider them for other purchases.

What laptop are you looking at and where was it e200 dearer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hannah_Ireland

It's a Sony VGN NS11J/S
    Over €800 in the Sony store and €579 on the Elara website....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've used them for work a few times to buy netbooks. No probs at all and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Well there would be a difference between shops and online, added to which they may be of different specs?

Looks like a good machine at a good price.

I'd recommend them anyways and have never heard of a 'catch' :) Also, it might interest you to know that there's an interaction forum with elara on boards at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've bought quite a few items from them, very good service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Ermm... yes Elara are very good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Bloody shills!!

Purchased many items from Elara, well recommended.

ongarite wrote: »
    Bloody shills!!

Purchased many items from Elara, well recommended.

I am not a very good shill considering that tag under my name. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 fearceol

hey i just ordered that exact same laptop over the weekend,:D im hoping it will be here in the next few days. I have bought from Elara before and
    they are a very trust worthy site,and good for the bargains!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

ordered a Sony from them yesterday morning, arrived this afternoon.
    No complaints so far, am yet to turn her on tho !!

Didnt realise u are supposed to take battery out when its connected to mains - supposably everyone knows this except me !!
    Obviously didnt help my old Toshiba that I never did that

• Advertisement

Didnt realise u are supposed to take battery out when its connected to mains - supposably everyone knows this except me !!

I didn't know that... :confused:

How do you charge it then? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ordered a Sony from them yesterday morning, arrived this afternoon.
    No complaints so far, am yet to turn her on tho !!

I didnt know that either but im still not gonna do it now cos im too lazy and my battery last about 20 mins so the damage is done :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This only applies if you're leaving your laptop plugged in for prolonged periods, ie a couple of days or more.

Advertisement