Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else starving all the time??

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I don't know what's wrong with me! I always seem to be hungry! I know the first trimester you can be quite hungry. I thought it would ease now I'm 22 weeks, but I'm still as bad!

Last night I had to get up at 4am to make a slice of toast because I was so hungry (this is after I had a big roast dinner, followed by a yogurt before bed). Even this morning I'm still starving after weetabix for brekkie, and I've already scoffed my tea break banana. :o

I'd be getting worried the poor babs was starving too, except when we had our 20 week scan all was perfect, and measurements were exactly where they should be.

Is anyone else the same, or am I just a heifer? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I was actually more hungry in the 2nd trimester than I was in the 1st.. I put back on all the weight I'd lost with my crappy appetite earlier in the pregnancy :) It's normal, and it sounds at least like you're eating good stuff instead of crap to placate the monster in your tummy - you could have taught me a thing or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Could you be confusing your hunger with thirst?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

I am 21+2 and I recently found myself starving all the time!!! I was up in the middle of the night got tea and bikkies!!! Watched the end of the superbowl.
    Dp is in lanzarote with his football team had dd in bed with me snoring her little brains out!!!
    My babs is a little small for dates 7-10 days but my dates are exact so going for another scan 11th feb to make sure he/she is growing ok. I only have a small appetite I eat less than childs portions most times sotrying to increase my portion size. I'm pretty petite myself so please god that is why he/she is a little small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭VeryBerry

Quality wrote: »
    Could you be confusing your hunger with thirst?

Maybe, but I don't think so Quality. I'm quite good with my water intake. Last night I even had a glass of water before I got up, to see if that helped (anything to avoid getting out of bed! :))

Its really tummy rumblings and growlings that I'm getting. The kind where you do feel really hungry and want proper food, not just craving for junk.

I'm quite active, swim 3-4 times a week and walk the other days, so maybe thats something to do with it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

You need to eat 300 extra calories per day
    in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Think for a woman the recomended is 1800 calories
    so you would need to be eating 2100 calories.

Keep a food diary for a few day's to make sure
    your eating enough.

Your swimming and walking are burning up
    calories too so you need to consider that also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

I feel your pain op, I'm starving all the time....and it's not a normal hunger, it's like, there's no fuel left in the system, red lights are flashing kind a hunger lol...so I usually have my breakkie as normal, a big bowl of cereal, then when I get into work I have an apple....11 I have a banana and then about half 12 i have an orange with me plain yoghurt. Then for lunch I get a roll, sandwiches just aren't filling the gap any more :o , then I'm fine till dinner and have another apple about an hour after my dinner...though sometimes I might have a biscuit :P and that seems to keep me going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

stop im eating 24/7 practically and im always hungry, besides a massive craving for mr.Freezers (which thankfully my boyfriend after searching cork went all the way to musgraves for since nowhere in cork stocks them in january) im eating two dinners usualy pasta meat sauce and then followed by a large plate of potatoes meat and veg, and dessert, im starting to worry ill be as big if not bigger than a house!

Advertisement