Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Disruption Update thread - Please post reports of Disruption due to the snow

Options
  • 01-02-2009 10:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

For those travelling I think it would be useful to keep this thread updated for them during this period.

Gatwick is closed now due to the heavy snow in London. If anyone digs up anything post it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This will be useful. I am due to fly on a 06:30 flight to Stansted in the morning and I do not like the idea of spending half my day stuck at an Airport. It looks like there will be no snow in Glasgow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Lonon Gatwick and London City closed.

Stansted is in the middle of a big fall at the moment but flights still going.

Last flight to leave Stansted tonight is delaed for clearing of runway. Not 100% to leave and flights may disrupted tomorrow.

Last flight of the evening did not leave Stansted.
    All flights into stansted have been diverted.
    Announcement at 00:00

Looks like I will put the alarm clock on for 07:00 insead of 04:45

• Advertisement

I'll be able to give a more definitive answer in the next 15-20 mins

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Heathrow obviously not affected too badly so!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Aer Lingus EI152 to Heathrow cancelled - just got a text with this notification. It says due to adverse weather in London and refund available.

Decided at 04:30 not to go to Glasgow Airport for my flight to Stansted. I will go into the office although we have unexpectedly got a few inches of snow in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Kilkenny/Waterford: The road between Mullinavat and Ballyhale is extremely icy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I have to go to Limerick from Trim in the morning, do yiz think this is a runner?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Summerhill Woods,very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

spadder wrote: »
    I have to go to Limerick from Trim in the morning, do yiz think this is a runner?

cheers
    Yes but you'll be crawling there.

15-20mm snow in D6. Roads appear thawed but still chance of ice. Little to no traffic disruption

cheers

Is it supposed to warm a bit, later tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is it supposed to warm a bit, later tonight?

In short, no.

In short, no.

change of plans so, where's me sleigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Hi does anyone know what the N11 to roundwood road is like. Up by calary.
    Regards
    Silverski

heathrow-both runways closed.
    250 ba flights cancelled

may have flights at 5pm but unlikely

south runway heathrow reopened
    huge backlog.

ba has cancelled long hauls untill 5pm but not hopefull as more snow expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just heard letterkenny is closed! , Heavy snow up there. None here in south Donegal.
    And they are saying how met eireann didnt predict this for donegal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Just heard letterkenny is closed! , Heavy snow up there. None here in south Donegal.
    And they are saying how met eireann didnt predict this for donegal!!

it really is baffling.

meantime, the met.ie three day outlook doesn't inspire confidence for our side of the country.

TUESDAY NIGHT: Another very cold night with further wintry showers, mainly of rain and sleet, and snow becoming less likely. With light northeasterly breezes, a sharp to severe frost will develop, along with the risk of a few icy stretches,WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY : Remaining bitterly cold, with temperatures generally only reaching 2 to 5 degrees by day. Falling sub zero across many areas come dark, with further sharp frosts and icy conditions expected, despite sometimes fresh east to north winds. Wednesday will bring a mix of bright or sunny spells but scattered wintry showers too (snow unlikely though still possible), mainly affecting the northern half of the country. Winds will be generally moderate to fresh easterly. THURSDAY and FRIDAY will be brighter days with more in the way of sunny spells, as fresh easterly winds back northerly. However there'll be still be some scattered wintry showers, these mainly affecting eastern and northern counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

anyone know what its like between gorey and dublin?
    have to head up in the afternoon and back tonight for a course im doing.... dont know if i should chance it or not as im relientant on a bus home! dont wanna be stuck in bus aras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

The R125 between Ashbourne and Swords is blocked.

Cars are trying to go up the hill just before the Roganstown turnoff and are sliding backwards back to the bottom of the hill. Traffic stuck now. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

M50 Blanch Exit

Just off the phone to sister who is stuck on the off ramp into Blanch for over 1 hour ..Multi Car Bump ,in front and no turning back !

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Just went from Newcastle to Rathcoole and back (nicer chipper in Rathcoole!) and the traffic was very bad on the R120 into Rathcoole as vehicles struggled to get grip going up the hill to the flyover.

Looking down on the N7 southbound showed a sea of stationary vehicles. The cause apparently is that heavy vehicles cannot get up the hill on the N7 at the Poitin Stil and all three lanes are blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

65 bus not going beyond citywest. Snow in blessington is worst i have seen for years. Already well over 6 inches and currently falling very heavily. Going to be some total in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Tried to head for naas from clondalkin and the traffic is back from newlands cross as far as you can see.On the off ramp at kingswood the traffics backed up down towards wyats,theres a couple of trucks that cant make it up the hill and the whole road is blocked.

No sign of any council/gritters ect around

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Latest AA report:
    Updated: 02/02/2009 21:58:53
    AVOID THE N7 NAAS ROAD AND N4 LUCAN ROAD AND THE N81 PAST TALLAGHT ** Traffic is still at a crawl to the West of the city, especially on the N7 Naas Rd, the N81 Tallaght By pass and N4 Lucan road- these have been prioritised by Gardai and gritters have been dispatched. Temperatures are already at freezing and roads are treacherous. Do not take any journeys in this area unless you absolutely have to. *MAIN TRAFFIC* * Major delays on the N4 from the Palmerstown Bypass through to the Liffey Valley exit. Lucan village and the Strawberry Beds are very slow. Tinkers Hill should be avoided due to ice. * Major delays outbound on the N7 Naas Rd from the Red Cow Interchange to J4 Rathcoole, as trucks can't get up the icy hill near The Poitin Stil. * Major congestion throughout Castleknock, Phoenix park and Blanchardstown. Volumes still at a crawl on the N3 bothways. * Severe tailbacks on the N81 south of Tallaght due to ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tuty

can somebody tell me please if the flight fr 205 from stansted to dublin for tomorow morning at 8:20 is canceled?

thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im sure Ryanair can. I doubt anyone here knows

Update: Actually here it is. Says on time but that'll probably change. Also says due at 9.20?

Advertisement