Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Venue Donegal

Options
  • 01-02-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi
    we are hopin to get married spring 2010.....livin in letterkenny so looking for a venue that can cater for approx 150 people. everywhere we look can hold large numbers (300+) or up to 100.
    can anyone recommend somewhere with a nice size room that wont make our guests look lost, with good food and possible nice views/gardens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Keys hotel in stranorlar is a good size for 150, its near Letterkenny as well. The food is good there, but no views im afraid.

Another place worth considering is The Mill park in Donegal town.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dmohalloran

Hi,
    I am not from the area, but have spent some time in Letterkenny and Derry. I attended a wedding last October in Muff, the reception was in the Ballyliffen Lodge, the hotel itself was amazing, and the view was second to none. Ballyliffen also has two other hotels, which are within walking distance so there is no shortage of rooms for guests.
    The area really had the most amazing scenery, I am sure the wedding photos were amazing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ChocolateOrange

Maybe try Rathmullen House. Its not too far from Letterkenny. I was at a wedding there a few years ago and I think there was about 140 people at it. It's on the beach as well and has lovely views .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daci3029

Thanks everyone for all the good advice. Rathmullan House does look nice and as you say it's in a beautiful location. However I've heard that the dance floor and dining areas are not one, so your guests end up being separated throughout the hotel dampening the atmosphere. Was this your experience at the wedding you attended ChocolateOrange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Miss B

Try the Mount Errigal Hotel www.mounterrigal.com website doesn't do it much justice but arrange a viewing as its well worth it, staff all very professional & banqueting suites are lovely. My sister in law (150 guests) and my friend (280 guests) had weddings there and it was FAB, really flexible with numbers. Also a great location, basically right in Letterkenny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement