Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychological effects of Breast Cancer

Options
  • 01-02-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

There is plenty of good advice and support on the web for those who are newly diagnosed or undergoing treatment for breast cancer. I am wondering what's out there for those who have completed their treatment. Seems to me you are just expected to get on with your life and put it behind you. To a large extent I have done that. I am three years post treatment and doing well but I find it hard to completely put the experience behind me. I would like to know how you integrate the experience of having had breast cancer and all that entailed into everyday life. The whole issue of survivorship is gaining a lot of ground in the US, but we seem not to have caught up here. Does anyone know of any research that is being undertaken in Ireland? I would love to hear from anyone with any thoughts on this subject...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rojo1

howdy i am in the final stages of treatment and cant accept the diagnosis and to every body who says get on with life havent a clue what it does when your told you have it especially when they dont know the circumstances of the diagnosis,family immediate and extended,and they dont understand what mental torture your going through...... will hopefully set something up to find others and get the silence broken in all departments that fob you off with stupid answers like they are the only people with brains and expect you not to argue with the BIG WIGS that know nothing about feelings that people have :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rhapsodyway

I have sent you a PM :)

Advertisement