Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Sunday

Options
  • 01-02-2009 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭

3 bets stand out to me for Sunday;

1. Liverpool to beat Chelsea at 6/4. I feel this is a huge price for Liverpool at home and while they've stuttered badly of late I can see them being really up for this one. Scolari can't seem to crack playing the big teams either and his team just don't have the same ruthlessness as Mourinho's Chelsea had.

2. Newcastle and Sunderland in the derby match is a tough one to call. As with anything there is a huge element of chance in most derby matches and I think this one could produce a lot of goals. Both defences are weak enough while up front both possess very dangerous attackers in the shape of Kenwyne Jones and Michael Owen. The bet to be on here is overs and at 10/11 just shy of evens, +2.5 goals seems like value to me.

3. Celtic themselves haven't been playing too fluently of late though I do believe the recent defeat to Aberdeen may be the kick up the hole Gordon Strachan's men need. ICT are bottom of the SPL and manager Terry Butcher has it all to do. While normally, Inverness is a tough place to go, I feel Celtic are going there at the right time and could well cover the (-1) handicap at a very generous 10/11.

I'd suggest a patent on those 3;
    Liverpool @ 6/4
    Newcastle-Sunderland +2.5 goals @ 10/11
    Celtic (-1) @ 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

I think a draw double for chelsea/liverpool and newcastle/sunderland at 9/1 is a good possibility. A lot of derby matches are ending in draws and also top of the table clashes.
    Celtic at -1 at 10/11 is really generous considering inverness have only won 1 at home and drawn 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I disagree, Liverpool are out of sorts it seems, Chelsea have well enough players,who if they play well can get three points here.

Difficult call, chelsea or the draw for me.

Newcastle dont have owen, even though they are at home I would fancy sunderland to nick 3 points here.

ditto to celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

Michael Owen is injured.
    Newcastle have no recognised senior striker fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunderland, Celtic, Cheslea/Draw.

if you go for a treble on Sunderland/Celtic/Chelaea thats 11/1! Swap Liverpool for Chelsea and thats 9/1

Anyone reckon doing both with 20 euro would be printing money or will there be a draw between Liverpool /Chelsea??

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

shay given's doing a medical at the moment for man city. Those newcastle fellas will leak goals....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

gone for liverpool to win 3-2 @ 35/1:P we're due a few goals in game between these two:pac: it will surely be 0-0 now:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Celtic look like drawing, could be three draws this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I have to laugh, I really do.

Liverpool have been crap lately so are the value bet today. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

riera for 1st goal 12/1. PP giving money back if gerrard scores first or last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

d-gal wrote: »
    I think a draw double for chelsea/liverpool and newcastle/sunderland at 9/1 is a good possibility. A lot of derby matches are ending in draws and also top of the table clashes.

Bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

I have to laugh, I really do.

Liverpool have been crap lately so are the value bet today. LOL

Still laughing? ;)

Advertisement