Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing the Portlaoise Triathlon?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is doing the Triathlon this year, i think i will give it a go i hope i will be up for the challenge :D its the swimming that will let me down should be ok with cycle & run hopefully anyway :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Never heard of it actually.
    When and where is it on and what distances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Ashlynn

Its on Easter Saturaday the 11th of April starting at the swimming pool in Portlaoise with a 750m swim (30 lenghts) then a 20km cycle out the old Dublin road as far as the Gandon Inn & back & then a 5km run out the Ridge road, there are still places for women but as far as i know its full for men. Great way to get fit, trim & toned for the summer :)All details about the triathlon can be viewed at Tri Laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Ms K Sir A

Did you sign up for it? I've been training since Last Monday for it!!! woo hoo... :-)

Yep im registered an all so no backing out now :D have done the cycle twice in the last 2 weeks its tough enough alot of hills i was forgeting about but i done it all without stopping thats all i want to do not worried about what time i come in at. I always do a bit of running & swimming here & there but i better get a bit more focusied on it now. How about yourself have you done much training ?

Great. I am registered too. Training is going well so far. Swim tonight! SOON.. I'm half terrified... half can't wait. I'm pretty much a beginner in all three areas.... It's been a long while since I've been in the pool.... luckily I can swim though.... Same applies with the cycling... long time ago... and as for the running... absolute beginner!! but hey... we can but try.
    eh? :-)

• Advertisement

How did you get on with the swimming the other nite ? was it in Portlaoise i read somewhere they are doing swim training for the Triathlon not sure what day's or times though. I went for a swim today myself managed 5 lenghts & i was wrecked :eek: defo gonna have to improve in that area :D

I'm sending you a provate msg. :-)

Congratulations to anyone who completed the Triathlon today, its was very well organised & great weather for it, hopefully I wil see yee all there next year. Ms K Sir A you done very well not a bother to ya roll on your next challenge TriAthy :D

Wel done to you!!! You did really well. Are you going to do Tri Athy? I know I probably asked you already, but seem to have lost about have of the morning memory wise!!!! Well done again you. You showed them how it was to be done. :):):):):):):):)

Unfortunatly I won't be able to make the Tri Athy :( I have some of my exams that day, fingers crossed they go well. Best of luck in it you will fly it not a bother at least you know now what to expect after doing one :D

• Advertisement

AT least you can smile while your doing your exams knowing I'll probably be in the murky waters in Athy freezing my butt off. Best of luck with your exams. :)

Advertisement