Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hotel/b&b in Kilkenny City

Options
  • 31-01-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good hotel/b&b in the city??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hotel Kilkenny is pretty nice, you looking for it for a weekend away sort of thing or just to stay the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hotel Kilkenny is pretty nice, you looking for it for a weekend away sort of thing or just to stay the night?

Just staying for a night with the girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

I work in hotel kilkenny and the rooms are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

angry_fox wrote: »
    Just staying for a night with the girlfriend

To stay one night... If you want to go out everyone will tell you to go to Langtons so you may as well stay in Langtons Hotel. Great service and food but will get noisey.
    The Hibernian hotel is a small "botique" hotel in the very centre but may be expensive. Quieter with a more formal bar.
    The River Court is an upmarket hotel in the centre.
    Hotel Kilkenny is nice but a short Taxi Trip.

Are you looking for Spa/sight seeing etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adventura

best place to stay is zunis in patrick street, its right in the centre of the city, near everything, its very inexpensive with very high standards, its a botique hotel small and intimate, the rooms are very comfortable, the staff are all exceptionally friendly, i have stayed here many times and i would highly recommend it to anyone. The food is excellent its perfect for a romantic night away. I coud'nt recommend it enough. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

All I would say about Hotel Kilkenny is make sure you get a written quote or printout so there are no surprises when it comes to checking out/paying.

There was a slight 'misunderstanding' between the verbal quote given by a member of their staff and actual cost which left us a good bit out of pocket and they weren't interested in honouring the verbal quote.

I'd say Langtons maybe the better option.

There might be cheaper options such as Days Inn or Pembroke hotel.

The kilkenny inn might be cheaper too but its a bit away from everything

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyblue

Kilkenny Inn is a lot closer than Hotel Kilkenny. You are only 5 minute walk to the Parade....a walk from Hotel Kilkenny will take 30 minutes.

Other hotels I would avoid are Springhill & Newpark - which are both as far from the town centre as Hotel KK (If not further).

Some recommendations of central hotels;
    - Langtons
    - KK Inn
    - Zuni

The best / most up-market would be Rivercourt - but you will probably pay a bit more.....so if you're only staying one night and plan to go out then no point staying there - go fot one of the 3 above

Hotel Kilkenny is a fifteen minute walk tops. Ive walked it many a time. Its defo not 30 mins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Well, you'd have trouble booking into the Newpark at the moment seeing as it's closed for renovations. Even if it was open, it's 10-15 minutes walk. Not the worst. Still closer than the Springhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyblue

OK I may have been over the top with walk from HKK. But Newpark in 10-15 mins??? No way.....you might make it to the top of Johns St in 15-20 mins fast walk.....but who in their right mind would want to stop there?

Advertisement