Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant/Hotel for First Holy Communion

Options
  • 30-01-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi folks, I need to find a hotel/restaurant for a first communion dinner! Probably for about 20 people but local enough, so taxis can be organised etc...has anybody got any recommendations for the area or within taxi travel?
    Thanks a million x;)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

12th lock, castleknock country club, Crown plaza in the centre or the hotel in mulhuddart who's name I cant remember should all be able to accomodate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

Castleknock are doing a special communion dinner 01 6408736

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi folks, I need to find a hotel/restaurant for a first communion dinner! Probably for about 20 people but local enough, so taxis can be organised etc...has anybody got any recommendations for the area or within taxi travel?
    Thanks a million x;)
    Powerscourt Arms Hotel out in Enniskerry are doing a set menu for €22 and €6 for kids, free gift for communion child and free bouncey castle.

My sister has booked table of 20 also for May 16. What is your date?

Could be too far for you but the 44 from dublin and 185 from bray run there.
    Or you could get dart to bray and taxi up from bray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skinnyminny

Hi there, thanks for your reply...that's something to consider - it's the 2nd of May. (Quickly approaching!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Gaspode wrote: »
    or the hotel in mulhuddart who's name I cant remember should all be able to accomodate you.

I assume you mean the Park Plaza in Tyrrelstown, there's no hotels in Mulhuddart. They're doing special menus for confirmations and communions, 4 course menus at €25.00 per person with a childrens menu at €12.00.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

dunboyne castle of westmandstown could be thrown in to the mix?

Thanks for all your suggestions...we have family coming over from Italy so I was hoping to get somewhere kind of traditional but special too...Powerscourt sounds interesting....anybody any ideas on places that serve traditional Irish food....?

So thanks for all your help...we have finally decided on Cruzzo's in Malahide. Ate their for Mothers Day last weekend, and now booked for the big day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

what about a place to have a christening do? (finger food or 3 course meal type thing)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Any of the above would do I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Gaspode wrote: »
    12th lock, castleknock country club, Crown plaza in the centre or the hotel in mulhuddart who's name I cant remember should all be able to accomodate you.

crown plaza and park plaza in tyrrelstown don't really cater for kids.

the coolquay lodge on the ashbourne is lovely and very child friendly its only ten mins outside blanch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The White House on the same road as the Coolquay Lodge is also lovely. We wanted to have our babies christening there but it's booked that day (Easter Sunday :D).

Advertisement