Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Irish Colleges in Gaeltacht Area

Options
  • 30-01-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Looking for recommended Irish Colleges in Gaeltacht areas, preferably in the West or South West for our 16 year old girl. How much would we be expected to pay for a 3 week course, including room & board ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 daisy-girl

I'd probably go for a college in Conamara as the Irish is probably easier to understand (in comparison to Donegal and Kerry) I think fees for most places would be around the 800euro mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

OP, where are you from?
    Perhaps a Gaeltacht in the dialect Irish you speak might be of more ease/comfort to your daughter..actually scratch that, I had friends who were from Mayo/Galway in Kerry Gaeltacht with me and they were fine out! Each found it amusing how one another pronounced a few words differently!:D
    Though location could be important when it comes to transport..how she going to get to and from there/if you will be visiting on a Sunday.

Cost: around E700.

Advertisement