Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match Thread ** MON FEB 2 !!GAME OFF!! v Coca Cola

Options
  • 30-01-2009 11:25am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As we're playing Monday I'll start this one a little early. Need to build on a great result last week where we keep battling for 60 minutes.

Ravenhill Vs Full Irish
    Glenwood Vs Bar Real
    Oak Tree Vs I-China

With these fixtures (bar the I-China game) we have a chance to really put some pressure on if we get 3 points ourselves.

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules -

Played a game today and felt a bit of a twinge in my calf. Will rest up over weekend so hopefully should be alright for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I'm in Berlin this week so won't make this one unfortunately. These won't be any pushovers, they've won 5 out of their 12 games, including a great win last week. Another win is vital if we're to keep the pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

sorry lads but i cant make this early on a monday-work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael -Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Mick Mc - Yes

Larry-
    Lepo - Yes
    Derek - Work
    Peter - Yes
    Gav - Injured
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave - Away

Art - Yes
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Any sign as to whether this will be called off due to the snow out this direction?

Hope not - it's not all that cold so I doubt the pitch would actually be frozen so once we get rid of any surface snow it should be grand as long as its not a blizzard at the time - anyone know if its supposed to snow tonight or is that the last of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

No word about it being off yet, I am hopeful that it will go ahead....

If anyone has a pump can they bring it with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes (might be late)
    Michael -Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Mick Mc - Yes

Larry-
    Lepo - Yes
    Derek - Work
    Peter - Yes
    Gav - Injured
    Mark -
    Gar - Yes
    Dave - Away

Art - Yes
    Eddie -
    Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Any sign as to whether this will be called off due to the snow out this direction?
    I emailed Astro and asked, they haven't got back to me yet

Snow is gone over this way now anyway. Will go for a run and see how the leg is later. It's still a tiny bit sore but reckon I should be good to go tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Game is off lads.
    Hi Des, Coca Cola,

Games are off tonight, due to snow on the pitches.

They will be rescheduled for the end of the season.

Regards,
    ASL

• Advertisement

Ah poo. Though if others play tomorrow we'll have a clearer idea of what we've to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Doesnt matter what others do. We just have to focus on our own games and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well considering that we could end up with 3 games to play and everybody else finished i.e - oak tree, ravenhill and glenwood, what the others do is very important. positive and negative ways of looking at it -

positive - we will play 3 games and only full irish have one, the others will finish 3 rounds before us. there is a chance that we could be less than 9 points behind meaning that winning the league would be in our own hands.

negative - some team like the full irish or oak tree win all their games and its too late for us to pressure on them as there put up a lead that we cant catch. either way, we just need to win every game and see what happens. all teams will drop points, mark my words.

could be very interesting few weeks now as every week theres a game that involves 2 teams that can win it.

i may pop over to wesley tonight and watch the ravenhill v full irish game if its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

i may pop over to wesley tonight and watch the ravenhill v full irish game if its on.

Save yourself the trip, game just got called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

well considering that we could end up with 3 games to play and everybody else finished i.e - oak tree, ravenhill and glenwood, what the others do is very important. positive and negative ways of looking at it -

positive - we will play 3 games and only full irish have one, the others will finish 3 rounds before us. there is a chance that we could be less than 9 points behind meaning that winning the league would be in our own hands.

negative - some team like the full irish or oak tree win all their games and its too late for us to pressure on them as there put up a lead that we cant catch. either way, we just need to win every game and see what happens. all teams will drop points, mark my words.

could be very interesting few weeks now as every week theres a game that involves 2 teams that can win it.

Aint no matches gettin played this week. We (the league) are as we were last week

Yeh, with weather like that there's no way there'll be games today.

Advertisement