Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trent Reznor knows

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dunno about Stockpiling, but I am growing more food recently, also it looks like I might have Goslings soon (as opposed to very tasty eggs Last time). as for Weapons, we all do what we can. and Bunkers, well I'm putting a very sturdy deck on the back of the house, not sure about bombproofin it tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Look at these lyrics, he clearly knew we would have an economic collapse followed by breakdown of law and order way back in 2007:eek:

People have been stockpiling food for decades. Does it mean they were right about this economic collapse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Time will only tell...wheres king mob these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

In varanasi with Edith?

Gratz on the goslings, Mahatma!

Mob might be back in a few days when his Ban is lifted.

Thanks Kama, but its not like I had much of an input, I just feed the kreachers they do the goosemakin bit :D

there have been predictions alright, but most are wruitten off as the crackpotloons railing against the windmills, but a stopped clock and all that

there has been very little discussion of the current finanicial restructurting on this forun tho, which worries me, arent we the ones proclaiming to be keepin an eye out for this kinda shadyness.

• Advertisement

I thought we were hiding from Lizzards in Cyb0rSpace and stocking up on guns?

whats the point of havin all the guns if you dont know who yer supposed to be shooting at??

Zomg teh Lizzards ofc! Banksters are unlikely to steal your potatos or geese, though they can steal your moneys at any time, but ya can't shoot 'em for it.

My basic take is that regardless of how the chips fall, boosting your personal and community resilience/sufficiency is the best approach, makes sense whether things crash or just teeter. I just envy your sweet Aussie climate tbh.

thats my take on it too Kama, and anyway tis nice to be able to grow tomatoes outdoors all year round :D

I have sdome of the most evil chillies known to man outside the back door as well <looks of Asses of Fire Smiley>

but yeah this is the time to be shoring up the homefront, if more people started doing it then we might see a faster move towards the Transition Town model. that said allotments/Gardens and the like are catchin on here in Brisbane.

Why cant I shoot the WBankers if they Stealz MY Muneeeee ????????

Hehe gardening is gonna be trendy anywhere by not-too-long. World needs moar of that kind of thing. Mmm I hate tomatos, but with enough chilis I'd eat my own flesh, no word of a lie...

• Advertisement

there are 2 things I truly hate in this world, Both of them are Gardening, tho I do like the actual Garden bit I prefer it when I get loose down at the Farm with Proppppppppppper TRACTORS and the like.

Local councillors objected last year to us plantin Canola, so this time we're goin with Sunflowers on an industrial scale for Diesel Production

Zomg you got a fair bit of land, then? Plenty of land, good climate, jealousy ahoy!

I work in Forestry Mate, once you've lopped down all the trees and checked the ground for minerals the only things left to do are cultivate the good bits and release a few thousand cattle out around the rest of it to keep the weeds down ;)

We also have a Sawmill which makes buildin stuff like Decks and cabins a lot easier

Pff don't know what your so worried about then, happily destroying the pleasant Gaian ecology of Oz before it can kill you first! :D You got plenty of resources to play with, its urban folk where **** would be nasty in the case of a crunch going to a collapse...

I wasnt afraid of Spiders till I came to Australia :eek:

Even Tho I have the farm to escape to etc I live in an Urban(e) environment most of the time, its nice to know that I can feed meself by my own hand. have been tempted to get a goat, mainly because Feta goes so well with Baked Spuds :D:D

that said Pate production is being frowned upon re the Geese

The geese need to realise the necessary role of foie gras in the sunflower-diesel powered post-apocalypse; we all must play our (delicious, tasty, cruel, delicious) parts...

btw maha, on whats going on in global finance:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSLP65079620090125

Not that you should put your faith in the slimy Liazzards at the UN, but see what they're saying? Interesting, eh? See that particular economy has a lot of liquid cash rolling around, something that there's a shortage of these days.

Course, anyone saying that the financial system runs on drug monees is a tinfoil hat, ofc ofc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Look at these lyrics, he clearly knew we would have an economic collapse followed by breakdown of law and order way back in 2007:eek:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/survivalism-lyrics-nine-inch-nails.html

On the topic of survivalism, is anyone stockpiling food, guns, building bunkers etc?

Thread has gone way off topic now, but for the record that (excellent) album is set in an alternative reality and meant to be a dig at America.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_(game)#Premise

Advertisement