Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****Student Paramedic Recruitment****

Options
  • 29-01-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

PRE CAMPAIGN NOTICE

The National Ambulance Service will shortly continue the Recruitment Campaign to form a new panel of Emergency Medical Technician Trainees (Student Paramedics) to fill places on the Paramedic Training Programme that may arise on an ongoing basis. Any panel formed will join the bottom of any existing panel until such time as that panel is exhausted or expired.

On successful completion of the Paramedic Training Programme, qualified EMTs (PHECC Registered Paramedics) may be subsequently offered employment to temporary or permanent unrostered positions in any of the 8 NAS Divisions across the 4 HSE Administrative Areas.

The campaign documentation will be available at:

http://www.publicjobs.ie under "Security/Emergency Services", effective 1st February 2009

The closing date for this Phase of the 2009 Campaign is the 13th February 2009.

The Candidate Information Pack when available will be self explanatory and potential Applicants are strongly advised to read it carefully, complete the Self Selection Questionnaire before commencing their online application and carefully consider the lifestyle change associated with a career as a qualified EMT (PHECC Registered Paramedic).

Minimum criteria will be:

Have a high standard of general education
    Be the holder of a full unendorsed Class C1 and full unendorsed class D1 driving licence by the closing date (note UK 101 or NI 79 Restriction is not acceptable)
    Health
    A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.

Character
    Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character

Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant (within the meaning of the Public Service Superannuation Act, 2004). A candidate who is not classified as a new entrant must be under 65 years of age.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BravoTango

Have the C1 but havn't got the D1 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 psmate

Does anyone know if I can apply and go for the aptitude test without having the C1 and D1 licenses to hand? I need to know as I want to apply but I don't have the licenses, if I have a provisional for each (at the amptitude stage) or a letter for a test would that be enough?

I would then make sure to have full licenses in each by the time it got to the interview stage, provided I get past the amptitude of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 scott22

Sorry they are very strict on this issue, you must have both a full C1 and D1 on the day to be allowed to sit the aptitude test. There were several people turn away on the day for not having them when I was doing my aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

It says it somewhere there in the info pack but afaik, and as said above you need to have these full licenses on the day of the aptitute test

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chuck.1234

I am wanting to go for a career in paramedics, i have done a first aid course and i have my provisional c1 licence! but i am now confused if i have to do the CPC theory test or not, some ppl are saying i dont and other say i do! I would like to know if i have to do this before i can go for lessons for my actual driving test!

Thanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CPC not required, just a full C1 and I suggest you make tracks towards a D1 (mini bus) licence as well.

Advertisement