Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

110L tank planting tips?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Ive recently setup a 110l freshwater tank. Any advice for planting? Also what fish would you recommend for this community setup?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Hi, there are many books on aquascaping you could also try magazines like Practical Fishkeeping.
    If you plan on having quite a heavily planted aquarium you would probably be better off investing in a CO2 system that would release a bubble of CO2 into the water every couple of seconds... A decent fish shop like Aquarium Solutions or Aquatic village will advise you on this.
    One plant that seems to be hardy and isn't eaten by fish seems to be the Java Fern. It grows quickly but some people aren't too fond of it. It seems to be hard to find places that sell it but I would recommend that you do a bit of research on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Hi do you know how to cycle your tank?
    The first thing you need is a good substrate
    You will also need good lighting, and nutrients.
    I wouldn’t bother with the Practical Fish keeping magazine as you can read it all online, you can make Diy co2 easy enough but there plants that will grow without it.
    I would suggest that you have a look at some of the planted tank journals on line to see what to do. here is a link to my 300L planted tank journal
    http://www.irishfishkeepers.com/cms/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,28/func,view/catid,517/id,40799/

If you need any more info feel free to pm me.

LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

Limerick Bandit that tank looks amazing! Heres hoping ill create one like that soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Thank you

Are you from cork? Is your local fish shop any good?
    Give me a shout if you need any help ;)

LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

I am indeed from cork. Not sure yet cus ive only just got into the hobby but theres a few decent shops around alright. There was a brilliant shop in my town Midleton called fins and things but they went out of business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

You will find everything you need to know about plants here.

http://www.irishfishforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=33

Including the full Tropica guide to plants. Just click on the plant dada base. We are one of only two sites that have permission to use this Data base.

Advertisement